Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cpu Mobo Compatible?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Gothmog

Gothmog

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 AM

Posted 14 February 2007 - 03:13 AM

Hi I'm trying to replace an old Motherboard in a 3 year old system. The current one looks to be done for and I'm moving on. I find that replacements are becoming scarce and I wanna get one quick before they vanish.

My requirements are Socket 478 P4 2.8 Ghz (Northwood) compatible, also with a legacy AGP 8x slot. I have DDR Ram, which doesn't seem uncommon in those boards, so I'm not worried about that. The PC is just gonna be a backup system/ legacy gaming platform with its ATI x800 XL Radeon AGP card.

I'm posing this question because I want to be sure I'm getting the right board for my components. I'm not sure how different Prescott is from Northwood, I kinda missed that period in Intel history. Will this board be compatible with my Northwood?
BIOSTAR P4M80-M4

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Gothmog

Gothmog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2007 - 03:39 AM

I was browsing the auctions and came across some of these cheap ones. Anyone have a recommendation on a board like this? I'm not looking for super features, just decent quality and low-average cost.

AOPEN AX4R Plus ax4rplus mb Socket 478 Motherboard

#3 Gunmeddle

Gunmeddle

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2007 - 07:23 AM

Although you have DDR RAM you may want to list if its 400, 533, 667.. just for proper compatibility comparison.

#4 Gothmog

Gothmog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2007 - 02:47 PM

My DDR is 266 PC2100. Due in part to the low quality of my previous board. I figured that would be closely tied to the P 4 Northwood requirements.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users