Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"help Needed To Remove Dust"

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Aussie Ness

Aussie Ness

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 AM

Posted 14 February 2007 - 02:47 AM

Hi Everyone
I would really like to clean inside my computer. I am sure there must be kilos of dust inside. I am worried I will damage something if I don't do it properly. It is housed under a desk that's a little hard to get to. I live in a coal mining town and we're in drought so dust is everywhere!
I assume I turn my computer off, get it out of it's spot, find a screwdriver and remove the cover ....but then...what? Do I carefully vacuum without touching any parts?
I have searched through the forums for this and haven't located this topic so forgive me if I missed it.
This is the BEST help site I have found. You'd be amazed what I have picked up (and fixed) just by reading the forums. To everyone who has ever helped someone out....Thank you. You will never know how many people you have actually assisted. You guy/girls rock.

Tell me Iíll forget, Show me Iíll remember, Involve me and Iíll understand.

Cheers.
Ness

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,571 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 AM

Posted 14 February 2007 - 02:51 AM

Cleaning the Interior of your PC
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 Aussie Ness

Aussie Ness
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2007 - 02:57 AM

Thank you soooo much. Wow, that's comprehensive. One clean PC coming up! :thumbsup:
Ness

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 PM

Posted 14 February 2007 - 06:00 AM

Looks like you might have missed that part of the forum, Aussie Ness. :thumbsup:
That article is located in the Tutorials section, which can be found using the tab, located at the top of every page.
The Tutorials, alone, could keep you busy reading for a month. :flowers:
You'll find a lot of very useful articles in there, so don't forget to check them out.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 Aussie Ness

Aussie Ness
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2007 - 11:46 PM

Thanks tg1911, I appreciate your input. I was using search terms like 'clean' and 'PC' and 'inside' and not getting the right results! It didn't even occur to me to try Tutorials as I have always been able to resolve issues from searching the forums (and pick up some other tips along the way.) Instead of actually starting to clean my PC last night, I actually spend quite a bit of time browsing through the tutorials!!
Thanks again.
Ness :thumbsup:
Ness

#6 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 PM

Posted 15 February 2007 - 12:22 AM

You're welcome, Ness.
Sorry I distracted you. :thumbsup:
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users