Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wirless Lan And Spybot

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 aaaaa

aaaaa

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 PM

Posted 13 February 2007 - 11:28 PM

HI

I want to ask, how do I make it so that my wireless is auto.

In the "Wireless Network Connection" page where it lists all the wireless networks my computer can detect and i click on settings/favourite settings (the one with the star), then in the wireless tab, there is that check box on left top corner which says "use windows as my default wireless selction" or soemthing like that. How do i keep that box checked. Everytime i restart my computer, that box is unchekced and i am connected to someone else networt, I have to connect to my network manually. How do i fix this problem?

Also

Is Spybot a good way of seeing/preventing if i've been hacked? Or are there better softwares? And is the default windows XP firewall sufficient?

Thank you

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 14 February 2007 - 12:32 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 AM

Posted 14 February 2007 - 05:03 AM

Try Nr. 30 left hand side. Attention this is a registry tweak!!!! Back up your registry PLease look at this guide How to back up your registry prior to doing so

Spybot is a anti spyware program. Please check the link for the Spybot S & D manual in my sig. You should install an anti virus software as well as a firewall. There are some free ones. I have used AVG Anti virus and Zone Alarm as a firewall. Check the freeware link in my sig for more free safety programs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users