Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Kodak Easyshare Blue Screen

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Snapper

Snapper

• Members
  • 550 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 PM

Posted 13 February 2007 - 10:55 PM

HI, here is a bugger. anyone have issues like this, it involves acer laptops with integrated webcams, intel chipsets, and installing kodak easyshare software.

it seems with (we sell n service acer) a laptop (so acer specifically, may be other brands as well) that has an integrated webcam, an intel or nvidia chipset (apparantly not ati for sme reason) if you download the latest web installer for kodak, you get mostkly through install, and without uuser prompt, it reboots, upon win logon, "new hardware found" stats to install the webcam, once installed (automatically) syatem blue screens, you are forced to cold boot, and it loops into the same issue. safe mode no bootie bootie, you have like 20 seconds to go into msconfig and dump everything from startup, or try to do a system restore, or boot to a live cd and dump all kodak crap. usually you dont get the chance to the first two, depending on what is in startup. anyway, hasa anyone seen any issues like this one basically the same parameters? maybe we're just missing somehting, doubt it, but 10000 heads are better than 7!! lol

oh BTW- this has happened on 6 or 7 laptops, all sameish, regardless of factory default, manual format, used and new software configuration.

Edited by Snapper, 13 February 2007 - 10:57 PM.

Google...Google.....browse..read

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 yellowplus4

yellowplus4

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 AM

Posted 19 March 2008 - 12:06 AM

Hello Snapper,

I have just had the same issue on an Acer Travelmate 4234. Just wondering if you had arrived at a work around?

Regards

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2008 - 04:43 AM

At work we recommend uninstalling the Easy Share software as it causes more problems than it's worth. You can still view your photo's without it, so it's no great loss.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 BarbaraG

BarbaraG

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 PM

Posted 11 September 2008 - 09:14 AM

How do you uninstall Kodak Easy Share program? I uninstalled through Add/Remove and now I have zillions of files scattered throughout my computer. I keep getting a screen popping up wanting me to insert a disk to open a file. Just want rid of it completely.

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2008 - 04:18 PM

Download the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility and see if it's listed in there. Check the box if it is and run it

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301
Just don't use it on MS Office applications

There are like 4-6 other programs that have to do with Easyshare. I'm not at the computer the has that program
They were something like ESSRT. They all had ES in the title. I won't be by that computer until Monday

Is the icon still in the System tray?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#6 BarbaraG

BarbaraG

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 PM

Posted 13 September 2008 - 06:59 AM

There are no visible icons till you go into revouninstaller and then there are several including ESSQUI and a bunch starting with k. Do I just delete them all if (going through google) they have been installed by Kodak Eastman?

#7 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2008 - 10:34 AM

You can do that. Just be sure to double-check with Google first. Like I said, there's 4 to 6 that I know of
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users