Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A Small Problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 realgem63

realgem63

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 AM

Posted 13 February 2007 - 09:47 PM

Hi everybody!
Things are going pretty good with my system.My girlfriends son moved out,the neighbor bought her 2 sons a computer, so now there are just 2 people using this computer!I have a question not concerning malware or anything along those lines.My computer is running great thanks to you guys!My problem is with myspace IM.My girlfriend uses it,but I don't.I'm not even on myspace.How can I get it off my settings?It's irritating to have to wait while it loads every time I log on.Any ideas?Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 AM

Posted 14 February 2007 - 07:16 AM

Hello,

I assume you mean the MySpace Messenger?
So you don't want it to start up with Windows?
To do this, go to start > run and type: msconfig (in case you have Windows 2000; this option is not available - in that case, let me know)
Click the tab "startup"
There you'll find a list of all programs starting up with Windows.
Search MySpaceIM in that list and uncheck it. This disables the program to startup with Windows.
Click apply and ok. Then reboot.

After reboot, you'll get a message Window that something has been modified in your System Configuration. Check the box that says not to notify you again (or something similar).

Hope this helps.

Your girlfriend can always start her MySpace Messenger via start > all programs.
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

#3 realgem63

realgem63
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 AM

Posted 14 February 2007 - 09:17 PM

Thanks! That was a pain to have to wait for that to load every time I logged on.I appreciate your help!Thanks again!
Mike

#4 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 AM

Posted 15 February 2007 - 01:37 AM

You're most welcome :thumbsup:
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users