Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Logging In As Administrator On Another Desktop

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 suzeybq

suzeybq

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 AM

Posted 13 February 2007 - 06:47 PM

Please correct me if I am wrong... I heard that i could log in on another desktop as the administrator, so that I can clean up that desk top, install programs there, etc.
How the heck do I do that.
Please let me know.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 13 February 2007 - 06:54 PM

Which operating system does the desktop have?

#3 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 AM

Posted 13 February 2007 - 06:56 PM

Also, are these computers running on a domain, or are they home computers?

Gavin Seabrook

#4 suzeybq

suzeybq
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2007 - 07:15 PM

Home computer, running Windows XP.

Edited by suzeybq, 13 February 2007 - 07:15 PM.

#5 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 AM

Posted 13 February 2007 - 07:23 PM

Usually on XP Home, the user that you have is the administrator. Do you get the user select screen? The only other way I could think of is turn off the welcome screen and use the User name Administrator. That or log into safe mode and access Administrator account, but that wont help your issue of installing things.

To get the welcome screen to go away and have it prompt you for user name password is as follows:

go to your control panel and enter your User Accounts. Select "Change the way users log on" Turn off fast switching and when you log out and it asks your user name and password, type Administrator as the user, and your password should be blank. Check to make sure that you are the administrator first, if you are, then you should have no problem.

Gavin Seabrook

#6 TheTerrorist_75

TheTerrorist_75

• Members
  • 645 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2007 - 07:39 PM

You're talking about accessing a different computer over the Internet and not connected within a network?

Using Remote Assistance to Get Help When You Need It
I am a transplant survivor.

Get Your Donor Card

#7 GamerTrend

GamerTrend

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2007 - 12:54 PM

Please correct me if I am wrong... I heard that i could log in on another desktop as the administrator, so that I can clean up that desk top, install programs there, etc.
How the heck do I do that.
Please let me know.

Boot into safe mode. Than it will load up as regular windows (In a bigger resolution with minor differences). Than you should see Administrator as one of the users. Most people don't password protect this User because they don't know it exist. Now don't do anything harmful with this information.
Support Topics Solved - 0

Goals l50 Postl - 100 Post- 200 post - 500 post - 1000 post

Gamer Trend Coming Soon!

If I've helped you in any way. A simple PM saying that I have or a post in the topc would be greatly appreciated. I like knowing when I have helped someone :D.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users