Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Card Problems Still.

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 behr

behr

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 13 February 2007 - 06:24 PM

I recently ordered a ASUS Nvidea 7600GS from newegg.
Upon puttin it in my PC, and installing the newest drivers correctly, it put all these wierd red/white bloches and things all over any game that I started up.
So, after confusing everyone here, and no one being able to help, I returned it, and got a BFGtech Geforce 6200.
I put it in, use the newest drivers again, exact same problem.
Between the two cards, I got a new PSU, 400W Coolmax, real nice.

So I know:
1. Its not the PSU (or lack of power)
2. The chance of getting 2 different dead cards in a row is extremely low (I believe)
3. My really really old Geforce 2 MX card works great in it, still.

What could the problem be? I know my PC is somewhat old, I was thinking maybe my motherboard has something to do with the problem?
I have another motherboard I hocked everything from, should I try to move everything over to that and see if that works?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 PM

Posted 13 February 2007 - 06:42 PM

Could be your old MOBO. What types of cards? AGP? What speed is your AGP port on your current MOBO?

Gavin Seabrook

#3 behr

behr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2007 - 06:53 PM

Yeah theyre all AGP cards, I only have 1 AGP slot and a few basic PCI slots on my MOBO, how do I find out how fast my AGP slot is?

#4 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2007 - 06:58 PM

Usually, you can look up the motherboard model number to get the specs. The model number is usually inbetween one of the PCI slots, or close to the memory or CPU. Get that model number, and post it here, then i will be able to tell you. Most of the newer vid cards require at least an 8x. You might be running a 1-2x depending on how old your MOBO is.

Gavin Seabrook

#5 behr

behr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2007 - 07:21 PM

I found it, I believe. Was on a little chip thing near the PCI slots.
ITE (real big)
IT8705F
0211-FXS
M2B570

There was another one near that said
AMIBIOS
(copywright)1999
BI03

Hope this is what I needed. thanks for all the help so far as well, Gavinseabrook.

#6 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2007 - 07:25 PM

It shouldnt be on a chip, it should be almost engraved into the motherboard itself. Usually in white letters. What model of computer are you running? Or is it home built?

Gavin Seabrook

#7 behr

behr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2007 - 07:29 PM

Its not the greatest, bought it from a flea market for like 300$ a year or so ago, so I really dont know what parts are in it.

Ill keep looking for the motherboard number.

#8 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2007 - 07:40 PM

Is it a brand name computer?

Gavin Seabrook

#9 behr

behr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2007 - 07:43 PM

No, no brand name, the guy just pieced it together, he told me.

I really cant seem to find any number in white printed on the card, theres seems to be a million tiny little 1/16" or less numbers all over in white, printed on, but I may have found it.

LF-H50X

If this isnt it, what size number should I be looking for? Anything to distinguish it?

#10 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2007 - 07:45 PM

It should be in white letters, about maybe 1/2 and inch to a 1/4 of an inch thick. Usually might look like KMV-895 or something. Such as mine, inbetween the 1 n 2nd PCI slot it says P4X400. Wont be on a chip, and is most likely a good size font.

Gavin Seabrook

#11 behr

behr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2007 - 07:53 PM

I downloaded a program, called Sandra, that checks all your PC's stats and things.
Its says that my AGP slot is only 2X, which I think is probably the problem ><
Again, looking, cant find any white letters bigger that 1/16", except ones that say that this motherboard has been tested and apprvoed for all purposes, bussiness or personal. >.>/

#12 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2007 - 07:55 PM

Yup, ten to one your video cards are slowed down so much for that motherboard. That card is meant to run at 8x. It can run at 2x, but video problems can occur. I would recommend going back to your Geforce2 till you get a new mobo/CPu/memory combo. Sorry for the news.,

Gavin Seabrook

#13 TheTerrorist_75

TheTerrorist_75

• Members
  • 645 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 AM

Posted 13 February 2007 - 07:57 PM

I hate to say it, but that Coolmax power supply is a cheap piece of crap. It wouldn't even run my XP 2400+ system with a NVIDIA MX4000 graphics card.

The Big Power Supply Guide: Introduction

Download Everest to obtain your system specs.

Click on the + next to Motherboard at the left then click on Motherboard in the list. Your specs will be in the right hand window.

You can also check your voltages by clicking the + next to Computer then click on Sensor in the list. Your system temperatures and voltage readings will be in the right hand window..
I am a transplant survivor.

Get Your Donor Card

#14 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2007 - 08:04 PM

BTW Make sure your running the newest version of Direct X

Gavin Seabrook

#15 behr

behr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2007 - 08:04 PM

Yeah the everest program says that its a PCChips M810LR

Hmm, so theres nothing I can do about this besides get a new Motherboard with a higher AGP slot?
Also, I would like to get new bios, as mine are from like 99'. Theres a link in the everest program, I downloaded the most recent ones, but how do I install them? I just get a ROM file and some others?

Could you reccomend a cheap, decent motherboard that would fit my current CPU? Says its a 453pin PGA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users