Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Troubleshoot Serial Port Driver

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kickehy

kickehy

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 AM

Posted 13 February 2007 - 05:39 PM

Hey everyone, I have a NetVista 8310-1AU and it needs a driver for a "PCI Serial Port" which is on the computer. You can get drivers from lenovo.com/us, but for the life of me I can find one for that one. Any ideas on where to find one or how to find out what the specific device is? I'm baffled.

Thanks,
Kickehy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 PM

Posted 13 February 2007 - 06:27 PM

Usually serial ports will load when you install windows, since they are basic and old. But when you say PCI Serial Port, it makes me believe that you are running on a PCI Expansion serial port. Are your ports integrated on the motherboard? Or is it on a seperate card inside the computer? If it is Integrated, I suggest looking here:http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-42954. If it is a seperate PCI card, open your case and look on the card itself for a model number/manufacturer, then search yahoo for that model number. Good luck and reply with your results

Gavin Seabrook

#3 TheTerrorist_75

TheTerrorist_75

• Members
  • 645 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2007 - 08:12 PM

Intel INF installation utility for Windows 98SE, Me, 2000, XP - QI3Z05US
I am a transplant survivor.

Get Your Donor Card

#4 kickehy

kickehy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2007 - 12:21 PM

Well, sadly, neither of those worked :/ it's a dongle that is just plugged into the motherboard by a 10-pin cable. It's not PCI at all. So, I'm at a loss still :/

Kickehy

#5 kickehy

kickehy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2007 - 04:11 PM

turned out to be the freaking modem ^_^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users