Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nero

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 I_am_CanadianEh?

I_am_CanadianEh?

• Members
  • 489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 AM

Posted 13 February 2007 - 04:48 PM

Hi All,

What version of NERO is recommended right now? I see that they now have Nero 7 Ultra Enhanced, but all I'm looking for is lighter version to burn CD's, DVD's, watch DVD's, and rip music. I don't want all the extra bells & whistles.

Do they offer any lighter versions or standalone copies of Nero Express or the like on their website?

OR, are there other good burning/DVD viewing software utilities out there?

I use Windows XP SP2 and I plan to move to Vista Home Premium. RAM is 2GB @ 533MHz.

Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 PM

Posted 13 February 2007 - 05:58 PM

With lighter you mean free? :thumbsup: There is so many freeware out there that it is very much depending what and how?

Rip music? From CD to MP3 or vice versa? Use audiograbber free!
What are you wanting to burn on CD and DVD? Movies?Music? What kind of movies? To watch movies there are so many better and less complicated programs as Nero. Check the freeware link in my sig. If you want I can lead you through the choises.

If you are going to change to Vista it is better to wait ? if not I will help you any way.:flowers:

#3 I_am_CanadianEh?

I_am_CanadianEh?
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 AM

Posted 14 February 2007 - 09:24 AM

Hey Fozzie, thanks for the friendly reply. :flowers:

I'm looking for only 1 or 2 apps to do all of the following:

- burn audio, data, video CD's & DVD's
- able to play all music files (wma, avi, mpeg, mp3, etc. etc.)
- rip to any format, from any format at multiple bit rates
- eliminate gaps between songs on mp3 files
- play DVD's
- copy DVD's and audio CD's

I need something very reliable, it does not have to be free. I know in the past NERO was rated one of the best, but it's become so bloated now and they don't seem to offer any stripped down versions on their website anymore.

Any suggestions? I've already looked at the link but I need some guidance to the best.

Opinions are welcome. :thumbsup:

Thanks. :trumpet:

#4 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 PM

Posted 14 February 2007 - 01:59 PM

VLC Player plays all videoformats excluding rm(Real Player) and mov(Quick time) topknotch
WMP and WINAMP play all well known audio formats
Audiogtrabber ribs vice versa mp3,cda,wma.

As far as video is concerned it is somewhat crucial what kind of types you are looking at.

Copying CD's and DVD's would be clone CD and Clone DVD. There is a trial version around

In what timeframe are you going to change to Vista?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users