Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Need Help Putting Vhs On My Pc.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Colonel O'Neill

Colonel O'Neill

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 AM

Posted 13 February 2007 - 03:11 PM

I've hooked up my VCR to my PC by plugging the VCR's audio/video cables into Pinnacle's "Dazzle" device which plugs into my PC via USB. I'm using Nero to capture video. I turn on the VCR, play the tape, and then begin recording. A minute or two after I start playing the tape, the PC locks up, forcing me to press the restart button.

When I open up the capture program, my CPU Usage skyrockets. When I turn on the VCR, it skyrockets further. When I play a tape, the CPU Usage goes critical, reaching 100%, and freezing my computer.

Help! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 AM

Posted 13 February 2007 - 04:01 PM

Doing video captures takes a great deal of memory. How much memory do you have, and what flavor of Windows are you running?

#3 Colonel O'Neill

Colonel O'Neill
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2007 - 04:03 PM

I am using Windows XP with a 256 and 512 memory stick.

#4 Colonel O'Neill

Colonel O'Neill
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2007 - 12:10 AM

Hello? :thumbsup:

#5 Aussie Ness

Aussie Ness

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 PM

Posted 24 February 2007 - 01:46 AM

Hi Colonel O'Neill
I too have copied some VHS to PC to DVD but not recently so am not much help. I know for certain that it all requires ALOT of memory or space on your hard drive. (Unlike photos)
I bought a new computer to be able to do it.These sites were still in my favourites so maybe they will be helpful. PapaJohn is a master (The first site).
PapaJohn
Video Help
Simply DV
I think this is how I discovered Bleeping Computer too, so hang in there. Someone will probably know how to help you.
Have you tried getting rid of un-needed programs, documents, junk and perhaps defragging? This may help.
Ness

#6 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 AM

Posted 24 February 2007 - 11:41 AM

Sorry. I didn't get a notification that this topic had been responded to. The sites provided by Aussie look like a good place to start. It looks like you probably have enough memory. the other limiting factor is going to be hard drive space.

#7 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 AM

Posted 24 February 2007 - 11:46 AM

Pinnacle systems software loves ram I have seen the same freeze up fixed this problem by adding 1 gig to a 512 machine. I then got a messsage not enough disk space with 25 gig free on a 120 gig drive. Ran clean up freed 17 more gig and then pinnacle ran fine.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users