Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A New Day A New Rogue...spydawn!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,718 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 AM

Posted 12 February 2007 - 11:13 PM

The latest program, in a long line of rogue anti-spyware applications, has been released today called SpyDawn. This program is so new, it has only 3 entries in Google, 2 of them being it's own homepage. SpyDawn is the same as all of the other rogue products. They show exaggerated or fake results so that you are scared enough to buy their products in order to remove them. The reality is that they are all scams. Of course the domain is registered with EstDomains, because what malware provider isn't? It also appears that these people are busy because not only are they the makers of SpyDawn, but they also released SpyCrush last week.If you look at SpyCrush's registration information you will see the following:
Registration Service Provided By: ESTDOMAINS INC
Website: http://www.estdomains.com Domain Name: SPYCRUSH.COM Registrant:
ODS ltd
Robyn Turner (turnrobyn@gmail.com)
Level 11 Toowong Tower
9 Sherwood Road
Toowong
null,Qld 4006
AU
Tel. +61.38761200
Now if we look at SpyDawn's domain registration info we see:
Registration Service Provided By: ESTDOMAINS INC Contact: +1.3027224217 Website: http://www.estdomains.com
Domain Name: SPYDAWN.COM Registrant: ODS ltd Robyn Turner (turnrobyn@gmail.com) Level 11 Toowong Tower 9 Sherwood Road Toowong null,Qld 4006 AU Tel. +61.38761200
As always, if you are a victim of this malware, we have a removal guide that you can use below. The automated removal methods should be up and running by tomorrow.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tink536

tink536

**pixie in training**

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 PM

Posted 12 February 2007 - 11:20 PM

If there only were instructions to remove the creators from the face of the earth. :thumbsup:

Posted Image
Posted Image
I search for Sjogrens Syndrome Foundation...Who will you search for?

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 AM

Posted 13 February 2007 - 07:14 AM

There is one member who has got this--Agent PINK.
Post #3
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/81232/i-am-not-very-pc-literate-but-i-think-i-have-a-virus-activex-objext-207/
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/top...tml#entry450279
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#4 Ben Fordham

Ben Fordham

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 AM

Posted 25 February 2007 - 02:54 PM

:thumbsup: MY THANKS TO WHOMEVER CREATED THE REMOVING METHOD FOR SPYDAWN. WHAT A WONDERFUL FEELING TO HAVE MY COMPUTER BACK. THANKS, THANKS, THANKS,
bfordham

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users