Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Failed Starting Up Win Xp Pro After Re-installations

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 GameSky

GameSky

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 12 February 2007 - 09:08 PM

Hi...

I wanted to ask something..

the case is like this:-

- My friend's computer being infected by viruses, which caused his I.E corrupted and also corrupted some windows file system, which caused the system becomes unstable, and always hang.

- So we decided to reinstall ther OS using the repair function, because he doesn't want to reformat his windows, and since he still got his data inside

- But after the repair procedure was completed, we're unable to login into the windows, the loading bar doesn't even showing up. But when pressing the F8 button, and using the "Disable restart upon error"[uh, something like that]..it will shows the BSOD with the error code:

STOP: 0x0000007B(0xFA330528, 0XC0000034, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)

Can any sifu help me? Thanks

*Please don't ask to reformat the computer since my friend still have his documents inside the computer, as well as some software settings..
*I can't even enter via SAFE MODE T_T

Thanks in advance.
Visit My DA : CLICK!!!
Latest Deviation: Alyssa
Current Greetings: Wanted to find me? Circle a neko 7 times and I'm right behind you >_<...
Current Mood: Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pip22

pip22

• Banned
  • 341 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 PM

Posted 13 February 2007 - 02:02 AM

Probably the hard-disk's boot sector has been infected by a virus. Only way to correct that is delete the partition, create new partition where the deleted one used to be, then install Windows on the new partition. You can do all those things by running setup again on the XP CD.

Sorry it will destroy your data but you should keep backups.

Or if the data is very important, buy a new hard disk. Install Windows on that. Fit old disk as a slave, scan it with up-to-data antivirus and delete any it finds before getting data off it.

Edited by pip22, 13 February 2007 - 02:07 AM.

#3 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,577 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 PM

Posted 13 February 2007 - 02:06 AM

Boot the computer using a boot CD and copy the important data off before re-formatting. Use one of the following:

Ultimate Boot CD
Emergency Boot CD
Puppy Linux
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#4 GameSky

GameSky
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2007 - 05:35 AM

so there's no other choice beside reformatting :thumbsup:

thanks for the help, and I'll try it tonight
Current Greetings: Wanted to find me? Circle a neko 7 times and I'm right behind you >_<...

#5 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,577 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2007 - 05:45 AM

Well, you could try using fixboot.

Microsoft Windows XP - Fixboot
Recovery Console in Windows XP
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#6 GameSky

GameSky
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2007 - 06:27 AM

Budapest: Tried the recovery console and it doesn't work either :thumbsup:..guess there's no other choice beside reformatting ...

Edited by GameSky, 13 February 2007 - 07:07 AM.

#7 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,577 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2007 - 06:31 AM

You could try a repair install.

How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install

—George Bernard Shaw

#8 GameSky

GameSky
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2007 - 07:07 AM

Budapest: Tried :thumbsup: ..the problem occurred after I done repair the installations by using the cd

#9 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,577 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2007 - 07:17 AM

Do you have access to a different disk? It may be that the one you used is corrupted, which caused the problem in the first place. Is it a slipstreamed disk?

Beginners Guide: Slipstreaming a WindowsXP Install CD with Service Pack 2

—George Bernard Shaw

#10 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 AM

Posted 13 February 2007 - 08:05 AM

Try a command line scanner from F-Prot, McAfee, or TrendMicro and boot from a BartPE disk to run them.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#11 GameSky

GameSky
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2007 - 08:34 PM

It seems he gave up last night..and he did a clean reformat...

Sorry for all the trouble caused, and thanks for the advice :sweat:.

#12 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 AM

Posted 13 February 2007 - 08:45 PM

No problem - that's why we're here. I'm very determined when it comes to rooting out a problem and will dog it until I fix it - but I understand that others aren't this way, so it's their decision when to stop fussing, bite the bullet and do a format and reinstall.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#13 GameSky

GameSky
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2007 - 11:20 PM

^^ Glad to hear that..and thanks again :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users