Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Something Is Redirecting My Search Engine

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bub2180

bub2180

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 PM

Posted 12 February 2007 - 05:04 PM

Hello all,

I am new to this so lets give this a try... :thumbsup:

I tried to download a video from a friends myspace about 3 to 4 weeks ago and since then I have had problems with my IE. Every time I search for something using Google or Yahoo or anything, I get redirected as soon as I try to click on any of the search results and IE is acting funny (slow) with the scroll of my mouse. I am thrown to pages like BTCar.com and monstermarketplace.com search engines that look like the search results that I was looking for, but I don't dare click on any of them for fear that I may download something else BAD. :flowers:

I downloaded the new IE7 and it doesn't seem to have helped at all. I have run adaware and Norton Antivirus and neither of them seem to pick anything up. I have uninstalled adaware and since then I haven't been able to reinstall it to try a newer more updated version because it keeps telling me that there is no disk in the drive.

I have read up on this a little bit, and have found a common thread between what everyone seems to be doing and I am going to download and install hijackthis.exe tonight and run that to get the output that everyone has been posting. I am also going to download and install fixwareout.exe and run that as well.

Can somebody help me with this PLEASE!!!!!! I am trying to avoid the call to Earthlink and the $99 they charge to clean things up.

Please let me know if I am on the right track to getting this cleaned up.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 PM

Posted 12 February 2007 - 05:29 PM

Install Super Antispyware. Run it in safe mode.
http://www.superantispyware.com/

Run an online scan with Bit Defender
http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.html

Allow both programs to quarantine or remove whatever they find.
Post a Hijack This log in the appropriate forum by following the instructions in the link below.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users