Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Streaming Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 megamyx

megamyx

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 AM

Posted 12 February 2007 - 02:56 PM

hi, need help..

i'm experiencing a major problem with video streaming or watching videos from sites such as yahoo, nba for morethan a week already; :thumbsup: but has no problem watching videos from youtube, metacafe, & the likes or flash videos.

everytime i click a link to a video it doesn't load, and it will stay 1 or 0% all the time. clicking play does nothing. it's just stuck at 0 or 1%, play state is always stuck at "ready". whatever browser i use the result is still the same.

from what i know, nba & yahoo (like featured videos, news) either use Quicktime or Windows Media Player to load & play videos. my prob is it suddenly stopped playing videos for no reason. my media player is upto date, quicktime, realplayer & other codecs are upto date. just wondering why i can't view a video from those sites? does anybody know a solution? anything i need to do?

my OS is XP pro, connection speed is ranging from 700+ to 900+ kbps (dsl connection).
i use IE 6 & Firefox 1.5

Edited by megamyx, 12 February 2007 - 03:02 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 13 February 2007 - 08:06 AM

There could be a number of issues at hand over here. First of all you have an older version of Firefox. The latest one is 2.0.1 which you can here. Can you post an example of a video you can't see.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users