Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Trouble Getting Ftp To Work

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_WelshSteve_*

• Guests

Posted 12 February 2007 - 09:02 AM

Hi, just signed up to this forum. I have a problem.

I need to gain access to our website hosts FTP. I have been told that this should be done using TLS/SSL port 990 implicit. I have tried setting this up in WS_FTP and CuteFTP, but neither will connect. The company I'm connecting to have given me these details, and can see nothing wrong with my settings, yet it won't connect. I followed a tutorial I found on here for giving a program access on a certain port, but that wasn't enough. One thing the other company have asked me to do is to make sure that outbound ports 1023 should be open for it to work. Anyone know how to do this in ZoneAlarm?

Many Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users