Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MSN Beta Search Engine

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Eric Bland

Eric Bland

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 AM

Posted 04 January 2005 - 06:07 PM

MSN beta was just removed from the MSN site. Looks like the MSN beta search engine is due for launch soon. The beta search results are excellent, http://beta.search.msn.com Microsoft has done well. Congrads MSN!

------------------------
Search Engine Optimization SEO Forum Keycuts
Web Directory SEO Website Designs SEO
Eric Bland SEO Directory Design Directory

Edited by Eric Bland, 04 January 2005 - 06:08 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,718 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2005 - 06:09 PM

Thats good news! This site has much better ranking in the beta version :thumbsup:

#3 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 AM

Posted 05 January 2005 - 12:05 AM

Neat I see just a few are trying to compete with google! But not even Microsoft I dont think or all combined can even poke a small hole in where google is now.

I think there just too late!

We need google to get there own OS out next right?

Go Google.
Lets see where MSN goes

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,718 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2005 - 12:24 AM

Microsoft is to be feared. Simple as that. There is no other company with the raw cash and resources to do this but them

#5 Eric Bland

Eric Bland
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2005 - 04:03 AM

I agree Grinler, MSN can do great things. Most products are about quality, search engines included. Google has a strong foothold in the current marketplace, but MSN has had a stong presence in the internet for many years. They have built an outstanding search engine.

Yahoo's search engine is getting much better as well. Results have been improving nicely.

Google index speed is the quickest.

Well Done MSN, Yahoo, Google! Where would the internet be without search engines!

---------------------
SEO SEO Services SEO Web Design SEO Consultants
SEO Freelancers SEO Forums SEO Testing SEO Directory
SEO Company SEO Websites SEO Firms SEO Tools SEO Consulting
SEO Training SEO Google SEO Yahoo SEO MSN SEO Promotion

Edited by Eric Bland, 05 January 2005 - 04:10 AM.

#6 matt_com911

matt_com911

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2005 - 04:33 AM

I think with the introduction of XP, Microsoft (in comparison with other companies) has been complacent in thinking they are the 'superior' OS and software producer. Because of this, we aren't seeing the same amount of market saturation we saw pre-NT. Since this time, Linux and Mac OS X has grown in popularity, alternatives to common Microsoft programs are on offer, in this case Google Desktop Search. Microsoft had intentions to launch their own version of this program with Longhorn, but this idea seems to have been scrapped.

#7 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,718 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2005 - 12:31 PM

Now if only Yahoo would do a better job indexing this site, I would then be happy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users