Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound Died On Me...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 madman6510

madman6510

• Members
  • 384 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 AM

Posted 11 February 2007 - 11:48 PM

The sound died on my Windows XP Pro PC. The PC is now using the system speaker to make notification noises. I have already tried swapping out the speakers. When I open Volume Control I get an error message: There are no active mixer devices avalible. To install mixer devices, go to Control Panel, click Printers and Other Hardware, then click Add Hardware. This program will now close.

Any suggestions? It worked fine yesterday... :thumbsup: :flowers:

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 11 February 2007 - 11:56 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 AM

Posted 12 February 2007 - 07:18 AM

Go to start run and type evntvwr look for red cross of the three chapters and post what you see there

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users