Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Registering Cardkick

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jeffrice

jeffrice

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 PM

Posted 11 February 2007 - 11:46 PM

I have a copy of CardKick that I got about six or seven years ago -- used it successfully in a tech support role, but never had to print it out, always just referred to the topics, which were listed in alphabetical order. That made it good to use in that mode.

I now have used it to catalog paragraphs of a paper I'm writing for graduate school. If it works, it'll be a major breakthrough for me -- I title and type in, one paragraph at a time, the ideas and cites for my paper, then print them all out, re-arrange them in a sensible order and: Voila! Paper rough draft is done!

Problem: I can't print but one card at a time, which is impossibly time-consuming. I need to be able to print out the whole card file. To do that, I need a registration key code. But cardkick.com isn't even on the web any more, all of the addresses I've tried for the developer get kicked back, and I'm at a complete dead end. Does anyone know how to get ahold of this Piotr guy so I can pay him the twenty bucks, get the key code and get on with my paper?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 PM

Posted 12 February 2007 - 01:15 AM

Is this the program you are talking about?

CardKick is a simple cardfile manager for password-encrypted, textual information. The program is very small; works with any number of opened cardfiles and can open URL links using a Web browser. Password encryption combined with the ability to open URL links via a Web browser makes CardKick an ideal place to store information like: Web addresses, user names, passwords and credit card account details. (210K)

I found it listed here, as a Free Marketing Tool:
Free Marketing Tools
Just scroll down the page, almost half way.
The link is a direct download.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 jeffrice

jeffrice
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2007 - 10:24 AM

That's a download site for the software itself. I already have the software; I need a registration key so I can print the card file.

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2007 - 12:36 PM

I found an email address for CardKick and have emailed them the link to this forum.

cardkick"at"yahoo.com

There use to be a website, but is no longer available.

http://www.cardkick.com/

I hope at some point this will help.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#5 jeffrice

jeffrice
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2007 - 04:10 PM

Yep, tried both the web site and the e-mail address -- nothin'. The e-mail even kicks back a bad address. I've asked my friendly home-town computer geeks; most of 'em never even heard of CardKick. Too bad -- it's a sweet little program.

I tried downloading and using some of the other online (and allegedly free) software, but they're too sophisticated -- it's like using a Lexus to haul manure.

Edited by jeffrice, 12 February 2007 - 04:11 PM.

#6 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2007 - 08:51 PM

Sorry I could not be of more help. I even tries running the owners name. No luck.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#7 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2007 - 12:49 AM

I downloaded the program I linked you to, unzipped it, opened the help file, and found this:

Register via mail
The registration address is: P. Golec, P.O. Box 99, Hampton Park VIC 3976, Australia.
Send the registration details, such as Your Name, Company Name (if any), and your Address, in an envelope with:

a cheque drawn in the Australian currency for $25 Australian, or

currency bank notes for either $20 US or $25 Australian.

Note on overseas cheques: unless the cheque is drawn in the Australian currency make sure it is an International Money Order (a Draft means probably the same) -- a personal cheque from overseas needs about 30 days to clear. Additionally, if you draw a cheque showing a non-Australian currency (for example $US) add $5 US to cover the bank charge the author must pay for negotiating the cheque.

Hope it helps.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users