Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help...My display?!?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 briannab1

briannab1

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 AM

Posted 04 January 2005 - 04:48 PM

Just got one of our older pc's back from being serviced and I don't know how to get the desktop display to cover the whole screen. There are black borders on either side, and I can't find a way to fix the side to side manually. I was able to fix top to bottom but that is it. Veiwing this monitor is very difficult...........Help
Thx
Katey :thumbsup:

PLEASE......... Can't anyone help??? The pc I need help with is used by my kids and my daughter has been getting headaches from using it with the way the display is now. If I don't figure out how to fix it she won't be able to finish her homework. The OS is windows me and the monitor is an older Packard bell if that helps

Sorry, just a silly blonde here who doesn't know much about computers..... :flowers:

Edited by briannab1, 04 January 2005 - 07:05 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 wildchild1162

wildchild1162

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 AM

Posted 04 January 2005 - 07:21 PM

Hi Brianna, just go to start, help and type in desktop dimensions, the computer should prompt you from there....let me know if this works :thumbsup:
Wildchild

Tomorrow is a gift not a promise, so ride, live, love, laugh, and dance

#3 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 AM

Posted 04 January 2005 - 07:25 PM

Hello and welcome to BC briannab1

Have you tried the buttons on the monitor? Almost all of them have settings that can be changed from there. If you can post any name/model numbers on the front of it, it would help me help you.
We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

#4 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 AM

Posted 04 January 2005 - 10:28 PM

Reposted from PM, with permission:

briannab1:

I have tried the buttons on the monitor, that is how I was able to fix top to bottom. If there is a side to side button I cannot find it. It is a Packard Bell monitor model # 14025 50/60 Hz

Jeservices:

Do you have Windows 98, by any chance?

I may have found a driver that you can use. Because it may need to restart the computer for the changes to take effect, you may want to save all your work prior to clicking this link. This is a direct link, meaning, as soon as you click the link, the download will start.

Packard Bell monitor download

We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users