Jump to content


 


Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.


Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

?dialer?


  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 yicker124

yicker124

  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 PM

Posted 04 January 2005 - 04:44 PM

Hi, Can anyone help?

My friends ISP is Tiscali (on XP home); it dials up OK: after about 3 mins it shuts down and this other dial up connection (sixa) tries to dial out; there is no number for it to dial but it keeps trying, thus blocking the proper dial up connection.

I have removed it; I have removed it in Safe Mode; I have run Ad Aware pro. ,Spybot and Hi Jack. It seems to be removed and after restart isn't there but as soon as the Tiscali dialup works this sixa dial up returns ! Looked through the registry but can't find anything. Searched for it on google to no avail.

Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated; Ta!

regards,
Fred :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

 


m

#2 stidyup

stidyup

  • Members
  • 641 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Gender:Male
  • Local time:03:40 PM

Posted 05 January 2005 - 06:36 AM

Run HijackThis and post your log in this section here and someone will hopefully be able to give you a solution to your problem.

Download HijackThis from here or just run rescueME. Don't fix anything just post your log in the hijackthis log section using the above link.

#3 yicker124

yicker124
  • Topic Starter

  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 PM

Posted 12 January 2005 - 06:17 AM

Sorted the problem finally: Deleted ALL dial ups first; Went through the Registry thoroughly, deleting all mentions of any dial ups and eventually found "sixa" ; only one instance of it. deleted it, reinstalled proper dial up; "alles in ordnung" !! eveything working OK.
Thanks to everybody who thought about my prob.

Fred

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes. : :thumbsup:




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users