Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor On Sleep Mode

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Atropos

Atropos

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 PM

Posted 11 February 2007 - 02:52 PM

So for the past few days every time I start up my computer the monitor decides to go into sleep mode and stay there. The tower and keyboard seem to load up, lights flashing and whatnot, just not the monitor, it remains black with the amber light on.

But if I let it sit like that for several minutes and then restart it, everything turns on and loads up perfectly. And it does okay when I shut it down and start it again, like it just needs to be 'warmed up' first.

I'm guessing what could have caused it was when my friend had hit the tower with her shoe for some reason, which caused it to freeze right then and I had to shut it down by holding down the power button. But it was working okay after that, until I tried to turn it on the next day.

I've checked the wires and whatnot and everything is secure, but I haven't checked inside the case--I've never opened it before so I wouldn't know quite what to do there :/

Could something have been jarred loose?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheTerrorist_75

TheTerrorist_75

• Members
  • 645 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 PM

Posted 11 February 2007 - 04:04 PM

The graphics card or monitor connection at the graphics card may have been jarred loose.
I am a transplant survivor.

Get Your Donor Card

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users