Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sonic Update Manager

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Florida Girl

Florida Girl

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 PM

Posted 11 February 2007 - 12:05 PM

Wwhenever I start my computer the Sonic Update Manager pops up and I can not find a way to either complete it or get rid of it.
To close it temporarily I keep Xing and trying to cancel out but it will not go away.
The pop ups say:

1. SONIC UPDATE MANAGER
Please wait while windows configures sonic update managerThe other windows that pop up

2. SONIC UPDATE MANAGER
The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-rom or other removable disk that is not available. Insert the Sonic disk then click okay.

3. An installation package for the Sonic update Manager can not be found. Try the installation again using a valid copy of the installation package"UM.MSI"
Sonic came with my computer (DELL) running Windows XP

I have removed it from my programs and it doesn't show up in the startup.
How can I complete the update or just delete the program that is making this pop. Do I actually need this program? I thought I read where XP has a CD reading program anyway.

Thanks for the help in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 PM

Posted 11 February 2007 - 05:05 PM

Hi Florida Girl,

Using your search engine,look for and then delete everything related to Sonic.
You may have to do this in Safe Mode.

A good replacement for burning CD's and DVD's is DeepBurner.
And it's Free!
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users