Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help! Inaccessible Boot Device!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Zal

Zal

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 PM

Posted 11 February 2007 - 12:15 AM

help me !!my computer is facing the blue screen of death!! ive tried evrything to go into the computer desktop but i cant!!

ive tried all of the F8 options but all lead to the same screen!!!

ive tried the F10 thing but it doesnt work!!

io disabled and enabled all the options and set it to last known configuration and fail safe configuration but non works!!!!!

i curruntly lost the 2000 manual disc so i need a better way.

im currently using an aimac notebook and i cant transfer files to it either!!!

HELP HELP HELP!!!!! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 AM

Posted 13 February 2007 - 09:15 AM

Have you tried the Ultimate Boot CD? This will allow you to run several antivirus and antispyware programs. And if the OS cannot recover you can use it to recover your Data.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 AM

Posted 13 February 2007 - 06:37 PM

If you could get your hands on a boot disk, which i believe there are plenty of sites you can download a 2000 boot floppy, you can get to the command prompt and type "CHKDSK" (no quotations). Also, could you post the "STOP CODE" your reciving from the BSOD, and that will help me find out more about the reason it is blue screening.

Gavin Seabrook

#4 thebat1

thebat1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 AM

Posted 09 August 2007 - 02:22 PM

Have you tried the Ultimate Boot CD? This will allow you to run several antivirus and antispyware programs. And if the OS cannot recover you can use it to recover your Data.

I just have to post my link..
This is the Only boot up disk that has ever worked "Completely" for me.
Only one that ever had internet connection.(even though all of them were supposed to have internet support.)but none worked.
Except this one.
So I think it is the bomb!!
I am only here today..because I am using it now to find help for my problem.
Good luck but do try this link.
Cheers
http://www.justthink.co.nr

:thumbsup:

#5 robsie

robsie

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 AM

Posted 14 August 2007 - 08:59 AM

ERD commander is a better bet and would probably save your skin. It'll cost you an arm and a leg unfortunately.

Ultimate boot cd is the best free option, use one of the file explorer tools, back up your data, format and re-install.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users