Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

We Are The Web. (if Your Interested In Internet Stuff, Its A Must Read!) Very Exciting Article!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tiverty

tiverty

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 AM

Posted 10 February 2007 - 10:32 PM

We Are the Web

The Netscape IPO wasn't really about dot-commerce. At its heart was a new cultural force based on mass collaboration. Blogs, Wikipedia, open source, peer-to-peer - behold the power of the people.
By Kevin Kelly

Click here for the entire article.

Moderator Edit: Majority of text removed and link added to avoid copyright infringement and follow fair use guidelines. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 11 February 2007 - 01:40 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2007 - 10:23 AM

The social, economic, political, and educational aspects of the Internet are slowly being understood. It does seem that its existence marks a crucial turn in civilisation.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 AM

Posted 12 February 2007 - 04:31 AM

This poses a interesting question. In what way has the Internet interfered with you social life?

#4 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 PM

Posted 12 February 2007 - 06:23 AM

This poses a interesting question. In what way has the Internet interfered with you social life?

What social life.The Internet is so huge and with so much valuable information,and everything at my fingertips,I don't have time for a social life.Let's say I am addicted to the net at the moment.
My social life at present is sending heaps of emails,jokes,gossip and photos to each other all the time.
We all have a ball and it's all possible because of the Internet.The greatest invention of the 20th Century IMHO.

#5 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,259 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2007 - 01:30 AM

This is my social life, sorta, I work nights so on my nights off I can play on the computer or go to Walmart. There's only so much to do at Walmart..... :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#6 tiverty

tiverty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2007 - 01:13 PM

from what i got from this article tho, is the writer was trying to say that the internet will get intellagence first... we teach it whats important every time we click on something ect...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users