Posted 12 February 2007 - 05:40 PM
Ok, I asked the wrong question. L:et me try again. I am assuming that you already have a web page somewhere. Are you renting server space? If you are renting space, the only requirement that you may need is Tomcat or Apache running to serve up the forum. The nice thing about forum software is that most of the work is done for you. True, it might take some custom hacks to get it to look just like you want, but in the long run it is going to be way easier than trying to create your own scripts.
So to answer your original question, no, I don't know of any scripts that you can easily adapt to your purpose, mainly because what you want to accomplish is not trivial. I have scripts to update my web pages, but they would be useless to you because they are designed for my content, and my specific server set-up. And scripting itself can be somewhat, I don't know, sophisticated I suppose (not sure if that is the right word), because to alter a script, you need to know something about scripting, which implies some knowledge of programming.
So in order to not discourage you, I can see that you have essentially six options.
1. You do static html pages that are manually updated every time you want to change content.
2. You invest time in learning how to do scripting and all of the server side stuff so that you can do what you want.
3. You spend some time learning how to adapt pre-existing forum software, which often can come down to css and html hacks of the original script.(Or you hire/get someone to do it for you).
4. You hire someone to create the scripts you need and teach you how to maintain them.
5. You hire someone to create a custom app for you that allows you to specify content, and it generates the pages for you (Surprisingly, this doesn't have to be that expensive)
6. You hire someone to take care of all of it for you.
There may be other options, but those are all that I can think of right off the top of my head. I would be willing to discuss the merits of each option if you like.