Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Photo Cookies

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 scoobs

scoobs

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 AM

Posted 10 February 2007 - 02:35 PM

Hello is it possible to delete cookies from pic u store from the web and if it is how do u do so?

I got windows NT.

thanks for the help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 AM

Posted 10 February 2007 - 04:34 PM

It is certainly possible to delete any cookie, or are you asking about deleting pictures downloaded from the web?
What browser are you using?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 scoobs

scoobs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2007 - 12:23 AM

Wow thanks man for such a fast reply.......what I want to know is; say u download a picture from a web site and save it to your hard drive. Would this picture contain cookies and if it does how can u delete these cookies?

I use internet explorer

Thanka again.

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 AM

Posted 11 February 2007 - 08:05 AM

The image itself, wouldn't contain a cookie, but the site you got it from could set a cookie on your machine.
Cookies can be deleted through your cookie manager, in the browser you're using.
To delete cookies in Internet Explorer:
Open IE.
Click Tools.
Select Internet Options.
Click the General tab.
Click Delete Cookies.
Click OK.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,512 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2007 - 08:26 AM

If you are downloading screen savers and such, that is one of the main ways that malware gets on your computer. Always scan the files you download with your antivirus and antispyware before installing.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#6 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 AM

Posted 11 February 2007 - 10:05 AM

If you use IE, downloaded pictures are stored in two areas: temporary internet files, AND in the folder you designated. You may wish to use Windows Disk Cleanup on a regular basis to delete the temporary files.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#7 scoobs

scoobs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2007 - 12:34 PM

Again man thanks for the fast reply.

So when I save my pictures all i got to do at the end of the day is just delete all cookies n do a disk clean up right.

I really do appreciate the help thanks again ppl n to those who run the site.

#8 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2007 - 12:56 PM

For a general clean-up, when you're through for the day, delete your cookies, temporary files, and history:
Open IE.
Click Tools.
Select Internet Options.
Click the General tab.
Click the Delete Files button.
When the box opens, put a check in Delete All Offline Content.
Click OK.
Click Delete Cookies.
Click OK.
Click Clear History.
Click Yes.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users