Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Help With Uninstalling Avg Network Edition!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kickehy

kickehy

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 PM

Posted 10 February 2007 - 11:43 AM

Hey everyone, I have a computer here with AVG Network Edition, and I need it uninstalled. Here's the thing, had to do a secondary repair on the computer, and now AVG says that some files are missing. I can't uninstall it for some reason. Is there a program that I can use to uninstall it (because add/remove won't do it) and it says that files are missing and it can't get the product license key. So, I want to uninstall it and install AVG free. Any ideas?

Kickehy

Ok well I just killed it manually. So I don't think I need help anymore, but thanks all!

Edited by kickehy, 10 February 2007 - 11:58 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 AM

Posted 10 February 2007 - 11:59 AM

Navigate to the AVG installation folder: The default path is C:\program files\grisoft\avg free

Locate and run the setup.exe file. One of the options will be to uninstall AVG. Select that and make sure you check 'remove all user settings'.

If the folder doesn't exist, download the latest AVG package from http://free.grisoft.com/doc/2/lng/us/tpl/v5 and run it and select Uninstall from the setup wizard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users