Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help w/ F: Drive

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 GiGi2005

GiGi2005

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 PM

Posted 04 January 2005 - 03:14 PM

Everytime I try to burn CDs no matter which CD Burner Program I use it says there is no CD-Recorder hooked up but thats impossible because my CD-Recorder is build in to my computer, I have also noticed that when I try to go to use my F Drive (My CD-Recorder) theres no where to select it on my computer its as if it doesn't even exist in my computer, Its worked before and I have been able to burn CDs, but now it seems as if something happened, I thought it could be broken but I don't understand how could be. If you know how I could resolve this problem much help is needed,
The only light that shows up is an orange light nothing happens once I put a Music CD, software, games or anything in the drive. I haven't had any recent softwares installed the last software I had installed was Dogz 5. When I go to my documents and use the drop down menu The F: Drive doesn't appear to click on. Is there anyway I get my F: Drive working again?
When I go to the device manager and then click CDROM it only brings up COMPAQ SC-140S and thats it so when I go to settings on the COMPAQ SC-140S it says Current Drive letter assignment E: and thats it and then reserved drive letters Start drive letter: E: and then End Drive letter F: when I start my computer and ScanDisk appears its only scans the C: and D:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,617 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 PM

Posted 05 January 2005 - 01:34 AM

Did you add anything new, hardware wise, to your computer? Upgrade your bios?

#3 delta dart

delta dart

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2005 - 11:11 PM

GiGi
How many CD/RW or CD roms do you have installed? Check the bios and see if they all show up. Its possible the cable has been disconnected. Are you saying device manager only indicates one of your roms? Need more info.
Russ

#4 GiGi2005

GiGi2005
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2005 - 11:44 PM

It only shows my CD-Rom in my device manager, I only have one CD-RW and its built into my computer, its worked before and then started acting up like this and then worked again but now its stopped and it won't work at all. I haven't put any new hardware into my computer. I'm not sure how to get to my BOS to check if anyone could tell me how to check it that would be a help thanxs Jenn

#5 delta dart

delta dart

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2005 - 12:26 AM

GiGi
What is the make, model and age of your computer? Explain what you mean by the CD-RW is built in. How you enter the bios depends on the computer make and model. I take it you have/had one CD rom and one CD-RW installed. Is that correct?
Russ

#6 GiGi2005

GiGi2005
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2005 - 03:34 PM

I have a Compaq its about 4 years old, I do have one CD-ROM and One CD-RW installed into my computer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users