Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Control Alt Delete

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 hd1200cs

hd1200cs

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 AM

Posted 10 February 2007 - 11:32 AM

I have a laptop I use for the company I work for. My company had me install and run Kboxinstall.exe.
It was supposed to be a quick install and I was supposed to be able to go on with my business.
The install started and sat there with the busy icon turning over and over for about an hour not allowing me to get out of this loop at all. The only way was to shutdown my laptop. After shutting down my laptop when restarting I get to the page where I type Cntr-Alt-Delete, I type that and my log onto windows page comes up. I type in my password, and my main windows screen comes up for about 1 or 2 seconds and then goes back to my Ctrl-Alt-Delete page. I assume it is not liking my password and putting me back to the Cntrl - alt - delete screen. I am running Windows 2000 professional. I am assuming that the Kboxinstall.exe program I tried to run is what caused this and somehow corrupted my password. Having said that, I do not know what the purpose of this install is or the purpose for it. It is something I was just told to run by a system administrator in another part of the country. Is there anyway to bypass this Cntrl-Alt-Delete program and password to enable me to log back onto windows?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 AM

Posted 10 February 2007 - 11:35 AM

Welcome to BC Try to login in Safe Mode ( Tap various times on F8 during boot) and change settings there.

#3 hd1200cs

hd1200cs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2007 - 11:39 AM

Thank you for your reply, I have already tryed that with the same results. It comes up to Cntrl-alt delete screen, I enter password, logs onto windows screen for a second or two and back to Cntrl-Alt-Delete screen.

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,596 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 AM

Posted 10 February 2007 - 12:01 PM

I imagine that this is what you downloaded:
http://www.kace.com/products/kbox1000.php

Either that or a Karaoke program. Googling "Kboxinstall.exe." gets no results.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 hd1200cs

hd1200cs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2007 - 12:05 PM

I think you are right seeing it has to do with security. I will contact that web site and see if they have any ideas.

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users