Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help With Compaq V6101us Network Card

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Higgy76

Higgy76

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 09 February 2007 - 09:43 PM

Hi guys i'm new here and i'm just wondering if any one can help me out with a problem i'm having with my network card on my Compaq v6101us laptop. This is the problem, when I turn my pc on there is a light that tells me when the network card is on and working well that light is red when i turn it on the first time but when i restart my pc the light is blue and it works fine. Does anyone no what the problem is with this and how to fix it. I've updated the bios and reinstalled the drivers.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,195 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2007 - 10:41 PM

Hi Higgy76, correct me if I am wrong or if I've missed the problem,but I see it as the red or amber light means it is off. The blue light indicates accessing or on. So operation is normal I believe. See this link and verify it is your laptop.
http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c00771608.pdf
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Higgy76

Higgy76
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2007 - 01:05 AM

yes thats the one i have and the problem im having with it is that when i turn my pc on the red light shows up and it dosent work so then i have to restart it and the blue light goes on and it works fine

#4 Higgy76

Higgy76
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2007 - 01:17 PM

Also i notice the blue light should turn on during the start up screen

#5 Higgy76

Higgy76
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2007 - 09:59 PM

bump

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,074 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2007 - 07:38 PM

I'd suggest uninstalling the drivers and then reinstalling them - sometimes a stray setting can be left over that causes this.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#7 Higgy76

Higgy76
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2007 - 12:55 AM

Ive tryed that already it didnt work. I thinkits something wrong with the start up of win xp

#8 Higgy76

Higgy76
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2007 - 12:55 AM

Nevermind that didnt work

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users