Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pc Keeps Reinstalling Mouse And Keyboard

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 paulineindoors

paulineindoors

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 PM

Posted 09 February 2007 - 07:53 PM

Hi All I have been having major problems with pc, and, after numerous call to help line have had to reinstall windows. I now have a problem with the pc continuously reinstalling my mouse and keyboard. If I go into device manager there will be 3 or four keyboards and the same with the mouse. They are not even the mouse and keyboard I am now using! I uninstall all but the ones I am using, but, when I go back there, they have appeared again!. Can any one throw any light on this matter as it is driving me mad. Many thanks in advance. Pauline

Edited by jgweed, 10 February 2007 - 12:44 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pip22

pip22

• Banned
  • 341 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 PM

Posted 10 February 2007 - 09:51 AM

Try deleting ALL the keyboard and mouse entries. Obviously your keyboard and mouse will then be unusable, but that's only temporary. You can power-down either by pressing the computer's "reset" button or press and hold the "power" button for 5 seconds.

Restart the PC if you had to use the power button to power down.
It will probably insist on running a disk check because of an improper shutdown -- let it do that. When Windows reloads it should also load a driver for the mouse and keyboard. Hopefully they will only be listed once in Device Manager.

#3 robsie

robsie

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 PM

Posted 10 February 2007 - 10:02 AM

Boot her into safe mode via the F8 key at startup, select safe mode and then enter.

Now once in safe mode go to system properties in control panel or press window button + pause button at same time - man I love that trick!

Go to the hardware tab and click device manager, right click and uninstall all instances of the keyboard and mouse.

Reboot the PC and tell me if it worked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users