Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The Matrix

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Constantine

Constantine

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 PM

Posted 09 February 2007 - 06:46 PM

Hello,

In reading the many posts on this forum I have noticed that a number of people here seem to share my interest in "Conspiracy Theories". I know that this is a perjorative term but nonetheless many people do believe in one or more conspiracies.

Several years ago I read one particular article that had particular impact on me. It very much defined my view of the world and politcs, media and power.

The article was titled "Beyond Left and Right: Escaping The Matrix"

For those of you who are interested I commend this article to you and welcome your feedback. I very much would like to know your thoughts about the views expressed in this article.

I hope some of you will take the time to read it and make comments. The link is below.

http://www.newdawnmagazine.com/Article/Esc...the_Matrix.html
I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Constantine

Constantine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2007 - 11:03 PM

I can see that there is not a lot of interest. I am not surprised. I myself am reluctant to follow links to articles.

However, I again strongly recommend this article. I found it an intriguing view of the world and why we are where we are. And I really would like to get other people's perspective. Have I been gullible or does it make sense?

#3 BanditFlyer

BanditFlyer

• Members
  • 283 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 PM

Posted 11 February 2007 - 11:48 PM

First of all, that's a huge article. I haven't read all of it yet. But I oftentimes find myself questioning both sides of the political spectrum, as well as the centrists in the middle, who seem to think that the correct answer is to be found somewhere inbetween the answers proposed by the sides who shout the loudest, a position I question.

Another thing I found myself doubting is the "anti-corporate" mentality of one of the people quoted in the article, as if that was a true alternative to the "Left Versus Right" battle. It's not - it's merely extreme leftism.

I appreciate your search for answers.

#4 Constantine

Constantine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2007 - 01:00 AM

Hello Banditflyer,

You are right. It is a lengthy article. When I first read it, it was in 2 parts. I was absolutely captivated. It seemed to crystalize my feelings and thoughts in a more concise and eloquent way than I ever could.

I also intend to go back and re-read the article tomorrow. You are right to question the agenda of the authors and contributors. Nevertheless, it sure struck a chord with me. But as you can see from my avatar, I am easily impressed.

Edited by Constantine, 12 February 2007 - 01:02 AM.

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 AM

Posted 12 February 2007 - 11:09 AM

I always tend to shy away from reductionist thinking and the reliance on universal categories. The author makes important comments about the over-reliance on existing perspectives, but seems to fall into the same morass himself as he progresses.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#6 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 AM

Posted 12 February 2007 - 12:15 PM

One thing I would like to know about conspiracies is this:

When the majority accept a "story" as the truth, all other beliefs become conspiracy. When the majority changes view.. those who now support the new view call the other views a conspiracy. :thumbsup:

#7 Darthy

Darthy

The red side of the Force

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 AM

Posted 12 February 2007 - 02:41 PM

It's a very good article.
There are several places where the "global elite" take its decisions.
If you saw what's happening in the reunions of Bilderberg Group, Trilateral Commission and the Club of Rome, you will know that what's written in the article it's the reality. :thumbsup:
The most interesting thing is that the members of these 3 organizations are almost the same persons.
The anti-globalisation movements instead of pursue the G8 reunions, it would be vital that pursue the reunions of these organizations.
The reunions of these organizations are allways made to the edge of the international law. :flowers:
For you all see what "global elite" is preparing to all of us, please read this link and saw their agenda:
Leaked minutes from Bilderberg meeting 1999, Sintra, Portugal
Our main task is to wake up the asleep ones while we have time to do it.
Regards,
Darthy

Edited by Darthy, 12 February 2007 - 02:49 PM.

Εν οίδα οτι ουδέν οίδα - Socrates
Thanks John

#8 rsd79

rsd79

• Members
  • 180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 AM

Posted 13 February 2007 - 04:14 PM

I am increasingly gravitating toward the position of living under a Big Brother or NWO. For example Democrats continue to pass Non-binding resolutions against Bush policies on the War in Iraq. But Bush won't even follow Binding resolutions and we expect him to follow non-binding ones. USA is moving toward a one-party state. Especially, when Democrats only get elected, when some republican screws up, to clean a republican mess. Then theres also those Trans-national Corporations who have no benefits or ties to any country and are only their to maximize profit. Have you guys heard of Jordan Maxwell? I watched a lecture of his on google video which talked about the illuminati, occult philosophies. Although, it was 3-hours long so I doubt any of you would have the time to watch it (it took me 5 viewings). He says that his ideas were taken to hollywood by the producers and writers of the movie "The Matrix".

The trilateral Commission is scary since they same to have more name-power than any other group. :thumbsup:
Dustin Penner is the new Jaromir Jagr.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users