Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Uninstall Hp Image Zone Express

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sherrilw

sherrilw

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 09 February 2007 - 04:34 PM

Hi,

I uninstalled the HP 3210 all-in-one series the other day and everything came off fine except for the Image zone express. I tried everything I could think of and ended up calling HP techs. He had me put in the disc and find the utilities folder and delete util1, util2, util3. He said not to delete util4 "because it hogs up too much room" whatever that means but it didn't make any sense to me why he didn't sant me to delete that file too, and his reason didn't make any sense. The computer booted and it was still in the add/remove programs as well as the programs from the "all programs" list. I right clicked on the HP image zone express on the "all programs" list and it disappeared but it is still in the add/remove programs and it acts like it is going to uninstall (box pops up but disappears quickly, leaving the program still on the programs list(under add/remove programs list) The tech said it is not hurting anything, just leave it on there and I said I didn't want it on there as it was taking up room and I would not be using it. He said he couldn't help me anymore, that he had done what he was trained to do and that's all he could do. I HATE HP. I ordered a Lexmark all-in-one and never want another HP product again. I have had nothing but problems since I got it and the customer service is horrible. Does anyone know of a tool or something I could use to completely get rid of it before I hook up the lexmark later today?

Thanks for any help or advice!

Sherri

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 68,055 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 AM

Posted 09 February 2007 - 04:47 PM

hi I found this thread at HP and it sounds like a resolution for you. there are two attempts.

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/...045016+28353475

see first post by Soujanya

You can use this Uninstaller to uninstall the Image Zone completely. However, let me keep you informed that this also will uninstall the Printer driver. Hence, you will either have to install them from the website or from the CD that is shipped with the printer.

Here is the uninstaller :

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software4/CO...2/gr_uninst.exe

and post by Ebenezer followed by Terri Popiel

Goto hp.com and download the Image zone express and run the setup where u can find an option to uninstall. use it to uninstall

let us know if/which worked

Edited by boopme, 09 February 2007 - 04:47 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users