Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How I Cleaned Antivermins

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 aznaphrodite

aznaphrodite

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 PM

Posted 09 February 2007 - 01:21 PM

My husband's laptop was infected with Antivermins a few days ago and I finally got it cleaned. I started off by following the instructions in The Antivermins Removal Instructions on this forum. It removed everything but the browser was still hijacked. After downloading a bizillion anti-spyware/anti-adware programs, running the scan and finding out I had to pay to have the spyware removed, I finally found out about this free anti-spyware.

http://www.superantispyware.com

I actually found it through Yahoo Answers of all places. Anyway, after scanning my computer with Super Anti-spyware, it fixed everything. Just wanted to share my experience since it seems like more people are being hit with Antivermins lately, judging by my searches.

Hope this helps!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 PM

Posted 09 February 2007 - 02:18 PM

Glad to hear you were able to get rid of the infection, aznaphrodite.

Superantispyware is one of the programs listed on our Freeware Replacements For Common Commercial Apps list.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 dellingsdawn

dellingsdawn

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 PM

Posted 24 February 2007 - 08:11 AM

I downloaded SUPERinatispyware after seeing it listed in the Freeware Replacements for Common Commercial Apps thread and it cleared the remainder of the spyware, including Antivermins, that Adaware and Spybot hadn't gotten rid of. Finally all the frustration I had felt since my son infected my son infected my computer with spyware is over.

Edited by dellingsdawn, 24 February 2007 - 08:12 AM.

#4 Apollo-One

Apollo-One

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 AM

Posted 24 February 2007 - 08:29 AM

Can this Superantispyware be used with other antivirus and spyware software?
Apollo-One

#5 dellingsdawn

dellingsdawn

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 PM

Posted 24 February 2007 - 08:39 AM

According to their website

Easily remove over 100,000 pests such as SmitFraud, Vundo, WinFixer, SpyAxe, SpyFalcon, WinAntiVirus, AntiVermins and thousands more!

I had already got rid of WinFixer (by using Spybot) before I used SUPERantispyware. I did have some other pests still on my computer. I know I had Malwarewiped and Antivirus Gold but i can't remember if Spybot or SUPERantispyware got rid of them.

#6 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 AM

Posted 24 February 2007 - 08:48 AM

Can this Superantispyware be used with other antivirus and spyware software?

SuperAntiSpyware is a part of safety measures you can take. THERE are some excellent tutorials on BC. Check all the pinned threads in this forum. Also check the freeware section in my sig for other safety precautions. if any questions just post back.

#7 Apollo-One

Apollo-One

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2007 - 05:11 PM

Well I gave Superantispyware a try. It found quit a few things. I sent everything to quarinteen like it suggested but lost my internet connection. I restored from quarinteen and still couldn't use the internet. Finally I had to restore my computer back to yesterday and I can get back on the net. Any suggestions?
Apollo-One

#8 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,934 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2007 - 08:38 PM

Try running again from Safe mode,only the basic functions are running.

How to start Windows in Safe Mode
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#9 Apollo-One

Apollo-One

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2007 - 09:18 PM

Thank you for the advice boopme.
I ran superantispyware in safe mode. It found 228 threats so I sent them to quaranteen like it suggested. I restarted my computer in reg startup and found I can't access any web pages from Internet Explorer nor can I sign in to Msn through Msn Explorer. I found that I can still access Outlook Express and receive new email. Right now I'm back in safe mode so I can log into Bleepingcomputer. Does anyone have any suggestions?

P.S. I have a feeling it is two things causing this. NDotnet, and Relavent Knowledge every time I get rid of these two things I have these problems. :thumbsup:
Apollo-One

#10 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,934 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2007 - 09:54 PM

Apollo-One at least it's moving forward. I think it's time to give this to the HJ team. They need to look deeper in the PC. In less then a week from now you'll be a happy camper. Please follow these instructions.
Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log
Post that log HERE by clicking New Topic.
Once you have posted the log make no further changes to your PC until told to do so by the HJT expert.
If you have any other questions or info continue to do that in this thread.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users