Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Double Xppro Os

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gypsy922

gypsy922

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 AM

Posted 09 February 2007 - 12:31 PM

Last week I wiped my hard drive and reinstalled XPpro with Service Pack 2. Now when I start the computer I get a screen that says I have two installs of XPpro and which one do I want to use. I also noticed that the performance is very sluggish. Is it possible to erase or uninstall one of the two?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jombee

Jombee

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 AM

Posted 09 February 2007 - 12:35 PM

if you formatted the drive the other OS isn't there, just the record of it in boot.ini is.
try both options, if they both lead you to the same place then you can just turn off the list.
to turn off the list,
Right Click My Computer > Properties > Advanced > Startup and Recovery

uncheck the box that says "display list of operating systems for XX seconds"
or change the timeout to 0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users