Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Message Box Error At Logon

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 HotSauce6226

HotSauce6226

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 PM

Posted 09 February 2007 - 03:16 AM

I get these messages everytime I either start the computer up before the logon screen or when i log off, and before the users list comes up

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Most of them say something bout mui\0408\xpsp1res.dll

i need help bad, please respond

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 PM

Posted 09 February 2007 - 03:26 AM

Do you have Service Pack 1 installed or Service Pack 2? I see you have chinese language pack installed. Try this

#3 HotSauce6226

HotSauce6226
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2007 - 03:31 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

others.

i have service pack 2 installed, i just did a reinstall of it .. still no luck

#4 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 PM

Posted 09 February 2007 - 05:03 AM

Do still have windows CD?try to do a repair with sfc/scannow and have your XP pro disc ready since it will need to copy those files from the disc. Here is an excellent tutorial on that subject.

#5 HotSauce6226

HotSauce6226
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2007 - 12:51 AM

i ran the scan, never asked for the cd...still same problem...what is this box?

#6 TheTerrorist_75

TheTerrorist_75

• Members
  • 645 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 PM

Posted 11 February 2007 - 01:12 PM

Start > Settings > Control Panel . Regional and Language Options. Click the Languages tab then the Details... button. Is the language selected yours?
I am a transplant survivor.

Get Your Donor Card

#7 HotSauce6226

HotSauce6226
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2007 - 08:35 PM

yep sure is, i have no clue what this error or box is

#8 HotSauce6226

HotSauce6226
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2007 - 02:48 AM

bump

#9 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2007 - 07:57 AM

Have you recently removed some viruses or malware from your system? This could be a leftover from an incomplete removal.

Do you have SpywareBlaster and/or SpyBot Search & Destroy installed on your system?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#10 HotSauce6226

HotSauce6226
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2007 - 01:18 PM

spyware doctor 4.0

#11 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2007 - 08:23 PM

Try this free tool (be careful, it can really mess your system up if you don't use it properly!) to locate the startups and see if this thing is mentioned there:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysintern...s/Autoruns.mspx
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#12 TheTerrorist_75

TheTerrorist_75

• Members
  • 645 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2007 - 08:39 PM

For s)&$ and grins right click on your desktop then click Properties. Click the Appearance tab then the Advanced button. Under Item: go through the dropdown box and make sure the font is set to Tahoma for any of the items that have a font setting.

Posted Image
I am a transplant survivor.

Get Your Donor Card

#13 HotSauce6226

HotSauce6226
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2007 - 05:37 AM

tahoma, yes...
i downloaded the auto run...what am i lookin for

#14 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2007 - 07:40 AM

In Autoruns you're looking for anything that has those funny characters - or anything out of the ordinary. I think that Autoruns has an export or print function - that way you can post the list here for us to have a look at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users