Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

File Conversion Ignorance

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 rhondarobot

rhondarobot

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 PM

Posted 08 February 2007 - 08:49 PM

Hi there.
I hope I am posting this in the right place.
I need to convert a word document to an image.
Is this possible and how do I do that?
Thanks for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2007 - 12:05 AM

What particular kind of image? It would also help to know the reason you want to convert it.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 rhondarobot

rhondarobot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2007 - 01:18 PM

Thanks for responding!
My friend is helping me make flyers for a fundraiser.
He has made a Word document for me but said that if I am going to print it out my HP printing program needs it to be an image. He didn't say what kind of image. I guess jpeg.
I am trying to take the word doc and print it 4 to a page.
I read thru all of the HP help tutorials and it never explains why I can't print this word doc this way.
I feel very stupid. I know this should be easy but it just isn't for me.
Thanks for any help.

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2007 - 01:23 PM

Without knowing precisely what the flyer contains or if there is something special about your HP printer (for example, is it one of those designed solely for making picture prints?), it certainly seems to me that it could be printed by a standard printer as a Word document. I would think that making the flyer a bitmap or jpeg would make it difficult to read once it is printed, unless the font were rather large.
Regards,
John

Edited by jgweed, 09 February 2007 - 01:25 PM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2007 - 05:09 PM

What you need to do is to copy the entire document, text, photos and everything and paste it into a photo editing program. From there, you can resize the document to take up 1/4 of the page, then repeat 3 more times to fill the page with 4 individual documents that will print on one page (that's what you're trying to do, right?).

It seems difficult, but it's easier than it appears (honest!). If you continue to have problems, you can post the document here (or a link to it via photobucket or imageshack or whatnot) and I'll help you with it. Please, try it first though! I have to work late tonight, and might not be able to get time to help until tomorrow or the next day.

Edited by stevealmighty, 09 February 2007 - 05:11 PM.

War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#6 rhondarobot

rhondarobot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2007 - 05:26 PM

Thank you for being so patient with me!
We are using a HP Deskjet 3915 printer.
He created a flyer in Word and wants to print it out using the HP photo printing wizard that HP installed on his pc. This comes up automatically when you print a pic but not a word doc of course.
I don't know why, but when I try to print I don't get a setup screen like I do at home. It just goes straight to the printer and I don't get a chance to modify it. I can't find anything in page setup.
*Sigh*

#7 rhondarobot

rhondarobot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2007 - 05:29 PM

oh thanks stevealmighty!
I only have irfanview, but I will see what I can do...
will repost by tomorrow night...I have weird workshifts too!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users