Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Outlook 2007

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bgrayduck

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Local time:02:27 AM

Posted 08 February 2007 - 08:10 PM

My sister in law sent me pictures of my nephew. They are part of the e-mail, rather than attachments. With old Outlook programs, I just right clicked and saved the picture. Now with Outlook 2007, all i get when I right click is copy.

What am I missing.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  • Local time:07:27 AM

Posted 19 February 2007 - 04:38 AM

Try the following :

Do copy and than go to start programmes Buro Accesories and than Paint and than do CTRL and V

#3 PennYan56

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:11:27 PM

Posted 27 January 2008 - 03:30 PM

That's a functional work-around, but it really does not answer the original question.

I want the "Save" function to be available in Outlook 2007.

At the moment I don't have it - and am, once again, not impressed with the unexpected 'features' of new MS products!

...still looking for the answer.

WELL, the official answer from the brain trust at MS is exactly as Fozzie stated originally!

(The exclamation point at the end of my sentence, above is NOT because Fozzie was correct but, rather because MS recognizes the problem and has NO FIX. )

Edited by PennYan56, 27 January 2008 - 03:51 PM.

#4 Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:01:27 AM

Posted 27 January 2008 - 03:59 PM

bgrayduck, Unfortunately at this time the feature you want in Outlook 2007 is unavailable.
According to Microsoft, they are aware of this issue. The work-around involves using a program such as Paint to save pictures to. Not good when you want to save a photo to My Pictures or another file without having to use Paint or whatever.
You could forward the photos to yourself. Instead of opening up Outlook, use your web based mail and save them from there. Any web based mail program should let you save them the way you want to.

Here is what Microsoft has to say about the issue: which isn't much

Edited by Queen-Evie, 27 January 2008 - 04:00 PM.

#5 stevemc

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:12:27 AM

Posted 03 February 2008 - 01:05 PM

Why am I not able to paste an image copied from Outlook 2007 to the clipboard using any graphics program other than Paint? Irfanview, Photoshop, etc, all refuse to paste from the clipboard when I copy an image from an email in Outlook 2007 - Paint will, however, allow the paste - tia

Try the following :

Do copy and than go to start programmes Buro Accesories and than Paint and than do CTRL and V

#6 gundam

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:04:27 PM

Posted 11 February 2008 - 10:29 PM

You can also do the old microsoft word trick and save the email messages you received as a html from the file menu. The original images will be in the folder it creates on your desktop.

#7 ajpolk

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Local time:01:27 AM

Posted 06 February 2009 - 09:40 PM

I had the same problem. At the risk of repeating what may be elsewhere I did this
open the email in Outlook 2007.
click other actions
click "view in browser"
now right click on the picture
the dialog box that appears now gives the choice to "save picture as"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users