Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hijack This Won't Stay Up!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 msgsu

msgsu

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 AM

Posted 08 February 2007 - 05:12 PM

I have a problem with a user where their home page keeps changing (graphicpipeline.com, securityresponse.symantec.com, messengersite.net, virushelpzone.com). I downloaded Hijack This and tried to run it but it keeps disappearing. Usually it disappears just a few seconds after displaying the box with the buttons, sometimes a few seconds into scanning.

I tried searching these forums for this problem and can't find a matching solution. Is this a known problem?

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RichieUK

RichieUK

Malware Assassin

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:47 AM

Posted 08 February 2007 - 05:46 PM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer msgsu :thumbsup:

Have you tried running it in Safe Mode,what happens.

Reboot your computer into SAFE MODE" using the F8 method.
To do this,restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly.
A menu will appear with several options.
Use the arrow keys on your keyboard to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".

Edited by RichieUK, 08 February 2007 - 05:56 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 msgsu

msgsu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 AM

Posted 08 February 2007 - 05:53 PM

Have you tried running it in Safe Mode,what happens.

Reboot your computer into SAFE MODE" using the F8 method.
To do this,restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly.
A menu will appear with several options.
Use the arrow keys on your keyboard to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".

I am familiar with Safe Mode. I will try that when the user's computer is next available!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users