Note: All these problems appeared yesterday. I don't know if they're related or whatnot. I don't know know jack about this kind of stuff so if I should make another thread for one of these problems, please tell me. D: As for how they happened, I'm not quite sure. I was experiencing problems with my old Firewall and I restarted the computer. Just kinda showed up after that.
- All the windows bars (start bar/desktop bar) are a whitish tan. They're supposed to be blue. But they're not. (Already changed the options to "adjust for best appearance" and I've already messed with the Task Bar and Start Menu thing in Control Panel)
- Trying to get into Volume Control gets me: There are no active mixer devices available. To install mixer devices, go to Control Panel, click Printers and Other Hardware, and then click Add Hardware. This program will now close."
- When I try to access "Add Hardware", I hear a little activity in the HD, and then nothing.
- It tells me there are no printers installed. "There was a problem printing. No Printer could be found." (I just printed a homework paper day before yesterday. D<)
- Cannot Switch User
- I have no XP disk. (No this isn't a stolen copy of XP, this computer was given to us by a friend. xD)
- Cannot do a System Restore as it was turned off. (Have no idea why though.)
- I don't know if I have a recovery partition. When I try to open disk management to check I get this error: "The dependency service or group failed to start."
All those recently changed things:
- Changed Firewalls today.
- Got a new mouse last week. (Microsoft Intellipoint oh how I love it. <3)
- Only thing I can really think of is I had a helluva problem with my USB port. But that's because my old mouse plug was bent. D: Got a new one and it works fine now.
- Of course that virus problem I mentioned before.
Avast! On-Access Scanner
Hope ya'll can help me with my problem. D: I love my music and if this computer won't have sound I'll have to jack my brother's computer. XD
If you need any more information, just lemme know.
RichieUK had me download DeskFix.
Could not run it so he had me install "Windows Script 5.6".
It ran but the only thing that happened was my wallpaper disappeared.
Edited by ChocolateChu, 08 February 2007 - 06:43 PM.