Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

wualcts.exe trying to connect to remote server

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Zer0_II

Zer0_II

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 PM

Posted 04 January 2005 - 10:09 AM

I have the following problem. Two applications wualcts.exe and ntoskrnl.exe are trying to connect to a remote server. One being devilsdawn.fw.nu and the other black.fearme.us I'm thinking this is a trojan, but I could be wrong. I scanned my system with Trojan Hunter and it didn't find anything. My AV (AVG Free) doesn't pick up anything either. What should I do in this situation? Here is a screen capture

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2005 - 02:59 PM

The good thing is that Sygate is blocking it. I would suggest you post an Hijack This Log (see the pinned instructions at the appropriate forum about how to do download and run it); one of the experts can take a look at it and make suggestions for the removal of these problems. Be sure to include what you have discovered or link to your post above.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Zer0_II

Zer0_II
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2005 - 04:11 PM

I already posted a Hijack This log. So far noone has responded. Here's the thead.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...wtopic=8067&hl=

Edited by Zer0_II, 04 January 2005 - 04:13 PM.

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2005 - 10:14 PM

Bear in mind that the people analysing the logs are volunteers, and the number of logs posted each day is substantial. I am sure someone will get to it as soon as possible.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users