Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Running One Screensaver On Two Monitors

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 funnytim

funnytim

• Members
  • 624 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 PM

Posted 07 February 2007 - 11:59 PM

hi, i'd like to run ONE screensaver, & spread it between my 2 monitors

(not like ultramon, where u can run 2 different screensavers on 2 monitors, i'd like one screensaver on 2 monitors)

is that possible?, or any software which can do that?

thxs.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 PM

Posted 08 February 2007 - 04:56 AM

It's been a while since I've run dual monitors, but you should be able to do this from within your video card settings (set it to have both monitors appear as a single desktop, or something to that effect).

I'm at work right now, so I'm limited in the sites I can check into, but I did find this site HERE that says it supports dual monitors for the screen saver that you'll download. If it doesnt' do what you want, just uninstall it and delete the file.

If you want to use your current screen saver, then you just might have to set up like I had first mentioned. Perhaps someone else can chime in that knows about a program that will do this for you!
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#3 funnytim

funnytim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 624 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 PM

Posted 11 February 2007 - 05:34 PM

i'd like 2 use my current screensaver(s) if possible...if i use the 'one desktop on 2 monitors" option then it'll stretch my wallpaper all the way across and relli 'ugly'....
any software etc. that might be able 2 do it??

#4 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 PM

Posted 12 February 2007 - 06:51 PM

hi, i'd like to run ONE screensaver, & spread it between my 2 monitors

(not like ultramon, where u can run 2 different screensavers on 2 monitors, i'd like one screensaver on 2 monitors)

is that possible?, or any software which can do that?

thxs.

i'd like 2 use my current screensaver(s) if possible...if i use the 'one desktop on 2 monitors" option then it'll stretch my wallpaper all the way across and relli 'ugly'....
any software etc. that might be able 2 do it??

Soooo......I'm a bit confused here....you don't want one picture spread across two screens, you want each image to show up on each screen.....? Have you tried downloading webshots? Read the tutorials/faq's on how to add your own photos to it to allow you to view your images. I *think* this has dual monitor support (check all the options and whatnot). Also, check the options in your graphic card settings, as there might be a setting in it for dual monitors and how it's displayed. I know that when I had dual monitors, I had to stretch the desktop across both monitors to get it to work....but that was a few years ago with a different system/gfx card.

Let me know if this helps. If not, then I'll get another monitor and attach it to my comp and see what I can figure out! :thumbsup:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users