Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Enlightened

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,082 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 AM

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:10 PM

I just wanted to pass along a story. I must live under a rock.
My son gave me a present for my birthday the other day. He was saying to me all along "Dad you are gonna love my gift. It's something you need and want. Some thing for your PC room." So for like a week he had my curiousity peaked.
So he gave me the gift,logitech G15 keyboard and I was like (to myself )why do I need this..I have a keyboard. Well I said it's a beautiful board. It is that. So he's loking at me and says you don't see it. I said no. He says ...go out to eat with mom and I'll hook it up. OK thanks and see ya later.
So let me explain a bit. I usually sit in my PC room and do all my business and BC visits there. I like the room dark so I can see my trading screens easily. I have a few USB stick lights aimed at my board and where I write. I like it that way. I guess the kicker to the kids is the glasses with the lights on the temple bars. They hate them. HA HA.
So anyway when I come home and went to sit at my desk there it was. The keyboard was BACKLIT !!!
Outstanding the greatest invention in PC history. Just what I needed and wanted,I love it. I thanked him again and asked kim how long did they exist and he said a couple years. I live under a rock..
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 AM

Posted 07 February 2007 - 11:41 PM

Hi Boopme.For your son to choose such a gift that his Father can use daily, shows he is a real thinker and loves to see the smiles on his Fathers face, when Dad worked out what it really was.I liked that story.

Two other new PC aids I have seen is Face recognition instead of entering Passwords all the time.
Great idea.Only problem with me I would need 3 photos on file.1 when I get up,I'm so unkept,even the dog barks at me.2 Normal photo.3 Late at night when my eyes are falling out of my head.Not a pretty sight.

The other one was Touch Screen Moniters.Saw a demo and it does not appeal to me in the slightest.Your arm would ache off holding it up to the screen for hours,and your hand would forever be in the road of you trying to see the screen.One out of two ain't bad.

Edited by DSTM, 08 February 2007 - 12:27 AM.

#3 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2007 - 12:14 AM

Yes for a couple maybe several years now I have seen backlit keyboards. Always wanted one just never wanted to spend 30 bucks when I can get a el cheapo white board for 10 bucks.

#4 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2007 - 12:30 AM

Yes for a couple maybe several years now I have seen backlit keyboards. Always wanted one just never wanted to spend 30 bucks when I can get a el cheapo white board for 10 bucks.

You have to throw caution to the wind sometimes, CGM3.
Treat yourself to something special,once in a while. :thumbsup:
Buy 2 CD's less and you wouldn't notice.

#5 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 AM

Posted 08 February 2007 - 12:41 AM

The other one was Touch Screen Moniters.Saw a demo and it does not appeal to me in the slightest.Your arm would ache off holding it up to the screen for hours,and your hand would forever be in the road of you trying to see the screen.

Not to mention, the fingerprints all over the screen. :thumbsup:
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2007 - 12:57 AM

The other one was Touch Screen Moniters.Saw a demo and it does not appeal to me in the slightest.Your arm would ache off holding it up to the screen for hours,and your hand would forever be in the road of you trying to see the screen.

Not to mention, the fingerprints all over the screen. :flowers:

Your right tg1911, imagine shading, cutting and pasting with sweaty fingers.
I have been known to get sweaty hands in Speakeasy on accassions. :thumbsup:

#7 tink536

tink536

**pixie in training**

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 AM

Posted 08 February 2007 - 01:16 AM

That sounds like an awesome gift boopme. I'd never even heard of it before! :thumbsup:
Now I wanna get me one, I sit in the dark also when I'm on the comp. The room is cooler that way!

Not to mention, the fingerprints all over the screen.

Can't stand that, it always happens when I let my niece play games on the computer! :flowers:

Posted Image
Posted Image
I search for Sjogrens Syndrome Foundation...Who will you search for?

#8 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 AM

Posted 08 February 2007 - 09:57 AM

How very cool Boop! What a great kid. :thumbsup:
Posted Image

#9 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2007 - 11:16 AM

I dont buy music or cds often. Call me a tight wad. I dont buy much often but when I do its expensive. Laptops,mp3 players and my newest a honda civic car.

Unlike some kids whose parents buy them everything they want, we all work for our money always have. So I get tight with the money cause its hard to earn.

I get what your saying. My mom says I should spend more money on myself instead of puting it all in that big 1.5 gallon ice cream drum.

#10 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 AM

Posted 08 February 2007 - 12:22 PM

What a great birthday surprise boopme!
You've raised a pretty neat kid.

Guess I live under a rock too...have never seen backlit keyboards either!
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#11 Constantine

Constantine

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2007 - 04:28 PM

Your kid loves you boopme.

I also have a 15 year old son. We also have a Logitech G15 keyboard. Difference is, I bought it for HIM and I inherited his old one:(

But when I go into his room I think "Gee, that's a nice keyboard. Wish I had me one of them!"

Wish I had your son instead of mine:(

Wanna swap?
I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

#12 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2007 - 05:28 PM

Why not go get another one? ha ha

#13 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Topic Starter

• Global Moderator
  • 73,082 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2007 - 08:35 PM

Hi and thanks for all the great compliments. He is a wonderful boy. Smart and considerate. Appreciate the kindness almost as much as the keyboard, lol.
Sorry no swapping ... got an $$ offer :flowers:
Well now I'm considering changing my name to "Darksideofarock"
Avitar would be easy too ( black box)... and no one will want to copy it. :thumbsup:
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users