Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 2.0 Problem:

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 AM

Posted 07 February 2007 - 06:10 PM

I have a Microsoft Wireless Keyboard and Mouse set in which the keyboars is working but the mouse won't work.

Mouse:
CMII ID: 2003DJ1034
P/N: X800412-114 PID: 75709-492-881505-00503
MODEL: 1008
FCC ID: C3K1008

didn't which numbers where neccessary so got those from bottom of mouse.

The keyboard is a Wireless Comfot Keyboard 1.0A: but is functioning fine.

This has only just happene, the mouse just all of a sudden stopped working. Uninstalled and reinstalled but failed. Tried MS hardware support but product isn't there. So i'm going to try here for help.

If anyone can help please by all means.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2007 - 06:30 PM

Ummm....don't take this the wrong way, but if it was working, but isn't now, have you tried replacing the batteries? :thumbsup:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#3 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 PM

Posted 07 February 2007 - 07:08 PM

Beside the battery issue perhaps wireless telephone, printer, or anything else electrical installed?

#4 Izzy

Izzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:01 PM

batteries are fine they work in keyboard as swap them around and tried brand new ones and didn't work....

only wireless instaled is keyboard and mouse....

There a Cannon PIXMIA iP3000, Cannon CanoScan LIDE 25 installed but they ain't wireless....

the info red thing under the mouse is on and shining bright, usually blinks when its taken of the matt but doesn't so maybe the mouse is broken.....

i went into the properties and it sayd the batteries are fine for mouse and Keyboard.....

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 AM

Posted 08 February 2007 - 09:04 AM

I'd suggest borrowing another mouse to try. This is more difficult with a wireless mouse - but it'll determine if the mouse is bad or not.

Maybe you can buy one to test with, then return it (if the store has a decent return policy)?

Edited by usasma, 08 February 2007 - 09:04 AM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 Izzy

Izzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2007 - 03:37 PM

i only have a cordless mouse of a different brand and no one i know has one the same nor can i get one and take it back, as they only accept returns if faulty only....so i tried another method...another PC....amd failed.....so i'm convinced tje ,ouse is bad........My PC came with cordless keyboard and mouse with ACER printed on them as came with ACER PC and i purchased the microsoft ones because the keyboard stopped working and now with MS the mouse stopped working.....so i installed the ACER keyboard and mouse (cordless) and are both working, well i had to restore the system a while ago due to installation failure from the factory......so maybe i'll just use theseand give up with the other, i prefer the other but it ain't gonna work so i wonder going on eBay and see if can buy a mouse on its own to try.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users