Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

D/ling Drivers

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 im_no_good_with_computers

im_no_good_with_computers

• Members
  • 213 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 AM

Posted 07 February 2007 - 01:53 PM

im trying to update my drivers for my geforce 7900 gs 256 mb gddr3 pci-e
which ones do i choose?
the geforce Go 7 series or the Geforce and Tnt2 (not really looking at the tnt part just the geforce of it) drives
i tried the geforce go 7 series driver but during install it said it couldnt find installed hardware or something like that
should i try the other one?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 AM

Posted 07 February 2007 - 06:34 PM

What steps are you doing when you install/uninstall the drivers?

When installing drivers, I find it best to download the new drivers, uninstall the old drivers, restart the computer, then install the new drivers. TBH, I've never had a problem with Nvidia drivers, so this is kind of of baffling!

Oh, and you should be following the Geforce series (the ones with "TNT" that follows, just ignore the TNT part!) :thumbsup:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#3 Uraiser

Uraiser

• Members
  • 254 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 AM

Posted 08 February 2007 - 01:53 AM

im trying to update my drivers for my geforce 7900 gs 256 mb gddr3 pci-e
which ones do i choose?
the geforce Go 7 series or the Geforce and Tnt2 (not really looking at the tnt part just the geforce of it) drives
i tried the geforce go 7 series driver but during install it said it couldnt find installed hardware or something like that
should i try the other one?

You can try to install the drivers manually.

Go to control panel>System> Go to the hardware tab>Device manager>Display adapters> right click and update drivers. Then when it brings up the dialog box on how to find the drivers, navigate to wherever you saved them to, and click ok. If that doesn't work, come back and tell us.

Edited by Uraiser, 08 February 2007 - 01:53 AM.

#4 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 AM

Posted 08 February 2007 - 05:00 AM

The GeForce Go series are laptop graphics cards. For normal desktop graphics cards you want the GeForce and TNT2 option.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users