Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

File Hosting

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tiverty

tiverty

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 PM

Posted 07 February 2007 - 12:53 PM

can people post some FREE filehosting sites here that could host large files?

some files i am interesting in hosting are the following sizes...
297 Megabytes
297 Megabytes
636 Megabytes
299 Megabytes
179 Megabytes
92.7 Megabytes

Edited by tiverty, 07 February 2007 - 12:53 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 PM

Posted 07 February 2007 - 01:24 PM

I doubt that. Those files are big. If you do find one, or more that will, post them here, because I'm sure others would love to know about them.

If you're talking about totally FREE.... then you will needto use TOR/Privoxy. It will do that for you. Just set up a server on your end, and you can host whatever you want on the Internet, all for FREE.... and all anonymously.

You can find TOR/Privoxy here:

Tor: anonymity online
http://tor.eff.org

Tor is a toolset for a wide range of organizations and people that want to improve their safety and security on the Internet. Using Tor can help you anonymize web browsing and publishing, instant messaging, IRC, SSH, and other applications that use the TCP protocol. Tor also provides a platform on which software developers can build new applications with built-in anonymity, safety, and privacy features.

Tor aims to defend against traffic analysis, a form of network surveillance that threatens personal anonymity and privacy, confidential business activities and relationships, and state security. Communications are bounced around a distributed network of servers called onion routers, protecting you from websites that build profiles of your interests, local eavesdroppers that read your data or learn what sites you visit, and even the onion routers themselves.

Other than that, just setup a server on your end (localhost) and just pay $5 or so for a dedicated ip address per month, and you'll have your hosting server.... all your own.

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 PM

Posted 07 February 2007 - 02:50 PM

nearly 2 GB for free? Not likely, and if it was done, it would be so ad laden as to be unusable.

The few that were free, that I did find in my short search, was 300 MB or less. Even those were ad bloated sites.

Be (Free Web Host) Safe

Da Bleepin AniMod, Animal

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 AM

Posted 07 February 2007 - 07:56 PM

Klick
Are these files allready zipped?

0 user(s) are reading this topic