Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

email attachment

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ajm686

ajm686

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 PM

Posted 04 January 2005 - 03:26 AM

I am trying to figure out how to format my resume in Word so I can attach it to send with an email message. I am totally lost!!

How to format word documant for email attachment?
How to find word document to send with email?

I don't even know if I am posting this message correctly. Never took computer class, don't know what I am doing and DO NOT understand computer lingo, especially much of which is found within this site.

HELP!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 PM

Posted 04 January 2005 - 08:06 AM

Hello ajm686,
You should be able to do this pretty easily.. What OS do you use? Open your resume in Word. Click file>>send to>> there should be something there to click called mail recipient (as attachment). Here is a screenshot of what it looks like. Is this the kind of thing you are looking for? Just click the thumbnail
Posted Image

Edited by Pandy, 04 January 2005 - 12:30 PM.

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 PM

Posted 04 January 2005 - 03:08 PM

Since you may be sending the resume out to many people, I would suggest you create a special folder in My Documents and call it "resume." Then lauch Word, open the resume, and resave it to that file. Now you will know where it is if you need to use it again.
After that has been done, go to your email client, write your introduction (cover letter) and be sure to note that you are attaching your resume as a Word (include version) document. Then find where you click on the paper clip (or "attachment") on the screen. This will bring up a dialogue box that will let you "browse" until you find the Word document (you KNOW it is there in the folder you just created). Open the folder and click on the resume to attach it to your Email. You will probably see something attached in the header, so you know it is actually attached.
Send it off.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 PM

Posted 05 January 2005 - 12:12 AM

Who closed this earlier? Now they can ask questions again.

Hope you get it working....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users