Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Saving Video From Dvr

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 thrillhouse

thrillhouse

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 PM

Posted 07 February 2007 - 02:21 AM

I hope this works, because I found an explination on how to run a firewire cable from your computer to your dvr and get hdtv on your computer! All you need is a cable and some drivers and its supposed to work. I will get the cable soon and update with my progress.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thrillhouse

thrillhouse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2007 - 02:31 AM

EDIT: forgot the link http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=403695

#3 thrillhouse

thrillhouse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2007 - 11:41 AM

went to best buy and it turns out that the cable is too expensive for me to get right now. will update as soon as I get it

#4 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 PM

Posted 08 February 2007 - 04:39 AM

Thanks please keep us posted

#5 thrillhouse

thrillhouse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2007 - 01:02 PM

does anyone know of a place i can get a 4 to 6 prong firewire cable for less that $25-30? thats all they have att best buy and circuit city and i dont need a fancy one that retracts, and if this doesn't work I dont want to be out of $30.

#6 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 PM

Posted 19 March 2007 - 01:08 PM

Why not just pay for the cable, do what you have to do, and just take it back and get a refund?...

There's nothing wrong with that. You're just borrowing it, but, you're leaving a deposit for it. I would if I wanted to just test something out, that's over my financial budget.

Works every time.... just keep the original packaging and receipts. Nothing wrong with doing that.

#7 thrillhouse

thrillhouse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2007 - 01:42 PM

are you sure? I thought that once you open the package you have waived your right to refund?

#8 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2007 - 04:28 PM

If you have your receipts in you possession, they are your rights.

And for what it's worth,.... I wouldn't tell you anything different. Keep your receipt...... and when you return the product........ I'd doubt you'd have a return policy problem..

Just have confidence in what you do, and not in what they tell you what can, or can't be done. It doesn't work like that.

You be fair.... you be honest... and you do the right thing....... they'll refund your receipt. If they don't..... you'll be the first in history to get the treatment you're thinking of.

Keep your receipts....... and they owe you every penny you paid for the item, if you decide to return it.

Many will claim many different things........ but I must be the most differential person in the world to demand my money back........ and get it too.

It's not about beating any system or anything like that..... it's about if you don't want the product, and you're not going tot use the product............. you simply want your money back...... right?... It works for me all the time, if needed.

If you're just testing it, Wal-Mart is the place to test it at... because as long as you have your receipts, they'lll refund your monies, and there will be no questions asked.

Just giving some facts.

#9 thrillhouse

thrillhouse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2007 - 06:19 PM

I never even thought of wal-mart! They probably have a cheap version without the recoil thing that I can keep. Will give it a shot!

#10 tacm

tacm

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2007 - 07:35 PM

If you have your receipts in you possession, they are your rights.

And for what it's worth,.... I wouldn't tell you anything different. Keep your receipt...... and when you return the product........ I'd doubt you'd have a return policy problem..

Just have confidence in what you do, and not in what they tell you what can, or can't be done. It doesn't work like that.

You be fair.... you be honest... and you do the right thing....... they'll refund your receipt. If they don't..... you'll be the first in history to get the treatment you're thinking of.

Keep your receipts....... and they owe you every penny you paid for the item, if you decide to return it.

Many will claim many different things........ but I must be the most differential person in the world to demand my money back........ and get it too.

It's not about beating any system or anything like that..... it's about if you don't want the product, and you're not going tot use the product............. you simply want your money back...... right?... It works for me all the time, if needed.

If you're just testing it, Wal-Mart is the place to test it at... because as long as you have your receipts, they'lll refund your monies, and there will be no questions asked.

Just giving some facts.

YOU are a thief, fraudulent refunds cost honest consumers millions a year. :thumbsup: :flowers: :trumpet: :inlove:
The day that Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck, Is the day they start making vacuum cleaners.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users