Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Gpu Cooling

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 protozero

protozero

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 AM

Posted 07 February 2007 - 02:15 AM

I've been having a problem with my X700 I bought a few months ago, runs fine and all except it seems the ball bearing in the fan is dying, making quite whirling in-consistant noises. And I'd just like to know where I can get a decent after market cooler for it. This is a picture of what my card looks like, except mines PCI-Express and is a X700, the cooling fan and heatsink looks to be the exact thing.

Reason why I need help finding one, I live in Canada, and I find it hard to find to many retailers. I usually use TigerDirect, but they don't have any GPU coolers.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 PM

Posted 07 February 2007 - 05:13 AM

They don't? :thumbsup:
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#3 protozero

protozero
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2007 - 07:44 AM

Hrmmm...thanks Mr Alpha, any idea which one I should get then, didn't see any the specify which GPU series their for.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

#4 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 AM

Posted 07 February 2007 - 11:13 AM

When I need fans, here is where I go: http://stores.ebay.com/The-PC-Fan-Van-and-Gary-Gs-Records

This guy has almost everything .
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#5 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2007 - 11:53 AM

You can find compatibility charts on Zalman's website but I believe the one I linked to is compatible with the x700.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#6 protozero

protozero
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2007 - 12:38 AM

Ah, thanks once again Mr Alpha, it does say compatible..with like every single card. Just different instrutions and pins for different cards, I think I'll order it soon.

#7 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2007 - 04:58 AM

Glad I could be of help. :thumbsup:

#8 protozero

protozero
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2007 - 04:53 PM

Ugghh...my computers praticly silent when I stop the GPU fan with my finger.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users