Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Where Is The Startup List

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Marci4

Marci4

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 AM

Posted 07 February 2007 - 12:34 AM

Hi guys,
I'm trying to help a friend (who knows nothing about computers).
The laptop will freeze up 1/2 way through loading up starting programs - I'm assuming that's where the problem is. There are way too many of them. Then I get microsoft error report thingie (about 20 times), then a blue screen with memory problem thingiee and it freezes up.
I can get in in the safe mode, but can't then download any programs. So I need to manualy access a list of programs that are enabled at startup. How do I get into it???? Please help. (WIN xp, service pack 2)

Thanks heaps

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_uhaligani_*

Guest_uhaligani_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 07 February 2007 - 01:57 AM

In the "RUN" type Msconfig. Select the tab for start up. Do not unselect anything you do not understand. There is a tab at the top of this forum, which gives you a guide as to what may, or may not, be in the startup list.

#3 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2007 - 05:23 AM

This program does not look to bad actually. I use a little program called ProcessExplorer which you can download from the reeware section ( in my sig). I use it as well as many others here..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users